TFK International Business Travel Thread

It this a family affair, pal?

Absolutely not pal. Heading with the chaps I was out with last night. #networking

Off to the Channel Islands on international business (surprisingly for the first time) in 3 weeks - 2 days in Guernsey and 2 days in Jersey. I imagine there is fook all to do in these spots at night. Looks like itā€™ll be flights in and out of Jersey with a bit of island hopping across and back to Guernsey. Anyone know what the executive lounge is like in Jersey Airport?

If the hustle and bustle of St. Helier gets too much for you, take a trip out to the utopia that is St. Breladeā€™s beach. Itā€™s heaven on earth, be warned you will find some of the oldest people roaming the planet here. I also took a shit in a paint can in a garden shed in the area some ten, eleven years ago now.

Thanks mate but Iā€™m a businessman not a scatman so sh*itting in paint cans doesnā€™t interest me.

I am a relatively frequent visitor to Jersey. Jersey airport isnā€™t all that bad. Thereā€™s a decent duty free - be careful of the size limits on liquids if you are doing hand luggage only. You might get caught on your connecting flight and have to dump your goods at Gatwick or City.

Thereā€™s not many choices of hotel, I tend to stay in the Royal Yacht. It has a decent sized bar and would appear to be one of the better ones in Jersey.

I also travel to the Isle of Man once or twice a year. They are very strange places all those crown dependencies.

#international #nonEU #business

[QUOTE=ā€œbriantinnion, post: 1103965, member: 6ā€]

Thereā€™s not many choices of hotel, I tend to stay in the Royal Yacht. It has a decent sized bar and would appear to be one of the better ones in Jersey.

#international #nonEU #business[/QUOTE]

The Royal Yacht and The Club seem to be the best of them on the approved corporate list. Will mull my options over next few days.

#CDOT

Just to confirm that I wonā€™t be letting todayā€™s tragic plane crash affect my plans to travel via an airplane on international business later this week.

:clap:

The spirit of the Blitz. :clap:

A very busy few days coming up with international business travel mixed with intranational personal travel.

Wednesday evening - red eye to LCY. Thursday morning - prepare for pitch. Thursday afternoon - deliver pitch and then head back to LCY to catch evening flight to ZRH. Friday morning and early afternoon - business in Zurich. Friday evening - flight back to DUB followed by immediate drive to Galway for a stag weekend. Cityjet, Swiss and Aer Lingus are the carriers selected.

It will be hectic, it will be tiring, it will be dispiriting, it will be exhilarating. You wonā€™t hear me complain though, someoneā€™s got to carry those bags and bring their laptop for the pitch.

#international #business

The Cat is off to Warsaw on #international #business on 7 April and is then travelling from Warsaw to Vienna again on #international #business on the 9th before returning to Dublin for a rendez-vous with tinnion, farmer, iamthegaffer, timofte and the likes.

There is no doubt about it. The Cat is transacting big business.

BR,
The Cat

[QUOTE=ā€œClarkeyCat, post: 1112253, member: 15ā€]The Cat is off to Warsaw on #international #business on 7 April and is then travelling from Warsaw to Vienna again on #international #business on the 9th before returning to Dublin for a rendez-vous with tinnion, farmer, iamthegaffer, timofte and the likes.

There is no doubt about it. The Cat is transacting big business.

BR,
The Cat[/QUOTE]

Where are you staying in Wwa? Are you flying Austrian or Lot to Vienna from Wwa? The Austrian colour combination is like Mayo airlines with all the Green and Red.

Dunno. I have people who book all that shit for me. I just show up and wow everybody.

:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=ā€œbriantinnion, post: 1112236, member: 6ā€]A very busy few days coming up with international business travel mixed with intranational personal travel.

Wednesday evening - red eye to LCY. Thursday morning - prepare for pitch. Thursday afternoon - deliver pitch and then head back to LCY to catch evening flight to ZRH. Friday morning and early afternoon - business in Zurich. Friday evening - flight back to DUB followed by immediate drive to Galway for a stag weekend. Cityjet, Swiss and Aer Lingus are the carriers selected.

It will be hectic, it will be tiring, it will be dispiriting, it will be exhilarating. You wonā€™t hear me complain though, someoneā€™s got to carry those bags and bring their laptop for the pitch.

#international #business[/QUOTE]

Might see you in LCY later on, @briantinnion.

#AirportNetworking

[QUOTE=ā€œBandage, post: 1112906, member: 9ā€]Might see you in LCY later on, @briantinnion.

#AirportNetworking[/QUOTE]

In LCY pal. Will be here for another two hours. Letā€™s grab a celebratory beer when you get here.

How did the pitch go earlier, mate?

Unfortunately my #business meetings and interactions overran so I donā€™t think our paths will cross in LCY.

In a bit of a pickle here folks. Iā€™m overnighting in the cork airport hotel ahead of an early flight to London heathrow early tomorrow ( business trip ) and Iā€™ve just realised mrs Bradley has neglected to pack socks for me. Iā€™ve no mind to drive back into the city at this time of the night to secure a pair. Does anyone know if the shop in the airport sells these items, I know they stock ties and other business man apparel.

Apologies for clogging up the international travel thread with a query about a day trip across the Irish Sea to the adjoining island but I couldnā€™t find a more suitable thread to look for advice. Tks in advance.

[QUOTE=ā€œBrimmer Bradley, post: 1113101, member: 2839ā€]In a bit of a pickle here folks. Iā€™m overnighting in the cork airport hotel ahead of an early flight to London heathrow early tomorrow ( business trip ) and Iā€™ve just realised mrs Bradley has neglected to pack socks for me. Iā€™ve no mind to drive back into the city at this time of the night to secure a pair. Does anyone know if the shop in the airport sells these items, I know they stock ties and other business man apparel.

Apologies for clogging up the international travel thread with a query about a day trip across the Irish Sea to the adjoining island but I couldnā€™t find a more suitable thread to look for advice. Tks in advance.[/QUOTE]
The distance traveled is relevant only in relation to business frequent flyer points. London is a financial hub and your post correctly belongs here as you are traveling to London on business. Top financier bandage travels there frequently, he may have a locker at Heathrow with socks / boxers for an eventuality such as this.

That was a great help. Fucking great advice it was
Thanks buddy