TFK International Business Travel Thread

Just be thankful you don’t have to go to the Channel Islands too often. No direct flights from Dublin outside of peak tourist season. Makes day trips impossible and means getting just a few hours face time will cost you at least a day and a half.

You’re better than this Brian.

Left my suit hanging up in its suit bag in my office, guys. Sitting here at tonight’s dinner dressed in smart casual (jeans and smashing shirt) but I can’t enjoy it.

I’ll have to buy a suit or even just a suit trousers first thing in the morning. The lady at hotel reception has provided wonderful assistance in detailing my shopping options.

My secretary should have noticed the suit bag. Fucking cunt.

Just a suit pants?? Are you working in a bookies or something?

[quote=“Bandage, post: 750553, member: 9”]Left my suit hanging up in its suit bag in my office, guys. Sitting here at tonight’s dinner dressed in smart casual (jeans and smashing shirt) but I can’t enjoy it.

I’ll have to buy a suit or even just a suit trousers first thing in the morning. The lady at hotel reception has provided wonderful assistance in detailing my shopping options.

My secretary should have noticed the suit bag. Fucking cunt.[/quote]

FFS.

Get your ass down to Jermyn street and get a proper fitting suit, shirt and shoes. Your either a high flying exec or your not.

Torch that River Island 3 piece when you get home.

This is an emergency. I’ll get away with it as I’ll have shirt, tie and smart business coat. I need support now rather than Fagan ODowd style jibes, dan.

Hope it all works out well for you, pal. I have no doubt that it will

This thread has taken a bad turn for our International traveler. Be strong Bandage.

You haven’t lived as international businessman without such incidents occurring, pal. Whether it’s an emergency shirt or tie purchase at an airport shop to something all together more serious like this. These are things to tell the grandchildren about. Back to network now.

Some helpful advice for you Bando. Get a taxi in the morning to Fenchurch St. There are any number of Lewins Austin Reeds Tyrwhitts and Roderick Charles shops in and around Leadenhall market where you’ll get a good suit that won’t break the bank.

Schoolboy error. This reminds me of the time I was heading to Berlin and forgot that the temperature would be about 10 degrees less than in Ireland. I was forced to buy a jacket at the airport to try and keep myself warm during my visit. I don’t think I have worn that jacket since then

Fagan, you’re such a gent behind your sometimes gruff exterior.

Ha ha ha ha ha!
One day into the “international business travel thread” Bandage is found out as a complete spoofer.

:clap: smashing story.

It really is an anecdote Peter Ustinov would be proud of. Fran has no doubt dined out on that one ever since.

No worries mate. Once you realised the hotel was in the middle of a slum, leaving the suit behind you was a very smart move. Fair play to you.

[quote=“Scrunchie, post: 750621, member: 1408”]Ha ha ha ha ha!
One day into the “international business travel thread” Bandage is found out as a complete spoofer.[/quote]

I never claimed it was straightforward on the front line, Scrunchie. But the likes of Fagan ODowd have my back and I’ll be eternally grateful for that.

[quote=“Appendage, post: 750514, member: 11”]Go wan the fucking theLockes.

Callan were a shambles last year. I hope they’ve pulled up their socks a bit this year.[/quote]

You and me both chief, you and me both

In a related story I arrived to work on Monday with £6 in my pocket. I’ve not withdrawn a single penny or touched one of my own cards but yet I’ve eaten and drank all week and will return home with the princely sum of £2 in my pocket. God bless multinationals :clap:

+1

A ridiculous amount of free lunches passing my mouth of late too.