TFK International Business Travel Thread

[QUOTE=ā€œBandage, post: 1113196, member: 9ā€]Essential to eat a substantial businessmanā€™s breakfast before commencing a lengthy #business meeting.

[ATTACH=full]2568[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]

Roaster alert!

Best of luck today @Bandage. You are a winner pal - donā€™t ever forget that.

Iā€™m on the Zurich leg of my #international #business week. Satisfied with the Swiss (Air) service even if their ā€˜business classā€™ is just having a spare seat between you and the next white male international business traveler.

Very expensive city with the recent fluctuations in FX markets. Taxi from airport to my hotel took about 15 mins and was CHF57 - roughly ā‚¬57. Pint was CHF8.70 - roughly ā‚¬8.70.

Sure look it*, I enjoy the playful jousting and #banter on this thread. Itā€™s reminiscent of a good-natured #business negotiation followed by the parties enjoying a glass of wine together afterwards.

But I canā€™t let @Kinvaraā€™s Passion mention of slip-on shoes pass without comment. I have not, do not and will not wear slip ons with a suit. Downright unacceptable and roaster type behaviour.

*nod to GAA players,

[QUOTE=ā€œbriantinnion, post: 1113284, member: 6ā€]Best of luck today @Bandage. You are a winner pal - donā€™t ever forget that.

Iā€™m on the Zurich leg of my #international #business week. Satisfied with the Swiss (Air) service even if their ā€˜business classā€™ is just having a spare seat between you and the next white male international business traveler.

Very expensive city with the recent fluctuations in FX markets. Taxi from airport to my hotel took about 15 mins and was CHF57 - roughly ā‚¬57. Pint was CHF8.70 - roughly ā‚¬8.70.[/QUOTE]

Would you say the current EUR/CH fx rates make it a little easier for you to work out the cost of things on your trip pal?

[QUOTE=ā€œBandage, post: 1113346, member: 9ā€]
But I canā€™t let @Kinvaraā€™s Passion mention of slip-on shoes pass without comment. I have not, do not and will not wear slip ons with a suit. Downright unacceptable and roster type behaviour.
*nod to GAA players,[/QUOTE]

Fair enough mate, an medium to large assumption on my part.

But you arenā€™t denying the gear bag I see.

Thatā€™s would be a reasonable thing to say pal.

[QUOTE=ā€œKinvaraā€™s Passion, post: 1113356, member: 686ā€]Fair enough mate, an medium to large assumption on my part.

But you arenā€™t denying the gear bag I see.[/QUOTE]

Jeezo, pal. Granted thereā€™s times when I wonder if using my old school ā€œVodafone GAA All Starsā€ gear bag would see the airport police ushering me through security checks without queuing. But Iā€™m not a gear bag user on #business trips. I use a Swanson (or is it Samsonite?) product.

Why the fuck would fellas be worried about the cost of things while on the company card or what sort of a cowboy operation do ye work for?
Itā€™s a trip away/ junket. Surely yeā€™re not that junior that ye have to watch expenses while away from home. Time to get real jobs in the public service guys.
I wouldnā€™t put up with that frugal type travel, well actually my union wouldnā€™t. ā€¦

Thereā€™s always some gimp in the holding/pre-boarding area at LCY talking loudly on the phone about his/her business dealings. Itā€™s such a confined space you canā€™t help but hear the conversation. Itā€™s like they want people to know that they ā€œneed a response by close of businessā€ or something. I hate those self-important, needy, boasting fucks that desperately try to convince everyone that theyā€™re a successful #businessman.

Fuck London/New York/ Zurich and other business hubs. Derrylin is fast becoming an international business capital. I arrived at 10.30am and parked in a queue for the kero pumps.
Fucks sakeā€¦:mad:. Cassidy gave me the nod ā€œA quick coffee Boxtyā€ as he fired a fine shot of Jameson into the mix. ā€œThe lads will look after motorā€ā€¦
2 ā€œcoffeesā€ later weā€™re tanked up (pun intended) liquor and nicotine issues addressed and away we goā€¦

I often wonder why, when his name crops up in conversation, the appendage ā€œ100% Genuineā€ is attached to himā€¦Great oulā€™ start to the day, but the tank is still parked in the yard, a power cut and a village visitation :pint: disrupted matters.

Lads Iā€™ve completed the final leg of my journey. Flight out of ZUR was delayed 30 mins but made it from T2 Short Term Car Park at Dublin Airport to QPark on Eyre Square in 1 hour 48 mins. Off to join the rest of the stag in the Front Door.

Goodnight and God Bless.

[QUOTE=ā€œBrimmer Bradley, post: 1113386, member: 2839ā€]Why the fuck would fellas be worried about the cost of things while on the company card or what sort of a cowboy operation do ye work for?
Itā€™s a trip away/ junket. Surely yeā€™re not that junior that ye have to watch expenses while away from home. Time to get real jobs in the public service guys.
I wouldnā€™t put up with that frugal type travel, well actually my union wouldnā€™t. ā€¦[/QUOTE]

Iā€™m afraid it is pal. Even from my level down to Associate Director level, expenses are watched. Itā€™s why my North American financial institution made 9 billi last year but the golden rule is keep the alcohol within the %age limits. For example I would have no problem getting a 60 euro bottle of wine signed off as long as it was ordered with a $200 wagyu fillet even if I didnā€™t touch the meat. But try get approval for a glass of red alongside a Freshways tripledecker? Good night Vienna.

idiots

[QUOTE=ā€œBrimmer Bradley, post: 1113386, member: 2839ā€]Why the fuck would fellas be worried about the cost of things while on the company card or what sort of a cowboy operation do ye work for?
I wouldnā€™t put up with that frugal type travel, well actually my union wouldnā€™t. ā€¦[/QUOTE]

Itā€™s only the minions that get all excited about expense claims.

[QUOTE=ā€œbalbec, post: 1113821, member: 193ā€]Itā€™s only the minions that get all excited about expense claims.[/QUOTE]the low level lads in my place go ape with excitment when they find out they get 40 or 50 quid a night for food and drink in a hotel every night, they think it is the greatest thing ever

And theyā€™ll spend every penny of it.

Guys, after the incident this week would there be any merit in the idea of having a businessman in the cockpit at all times?

Anything like this one I purchased in Kildare Village today?

Iā€™m in the DĆ”il Bar lads. If @Kinvaraā€™s Passion[/USER] or [USER=1406]@maroonandwhite or any other Galway based posters are about PM me.

#international #half-week #of #travel

Iā€™m 9 miles across the bay with the feet up BT. Enjoy the pints. Where ye heading later?

If you want the certified meat market scene where you battle with rugged silage contractors for thirty something peroxide leftoverā€™s then head to The Quays.