TFK International Business Travel Thread

:eek:

Harsh!

This is about the only bit that would appeal to me. 3 or 4 nights a month of peace and quiet would be fucking ideal

1 Like

I donā€™t mind the travelling, pals. I only travel a lot in the fourth quarter and itā€™s only ever for meetings, itā€™s never to do any actual work. Iā€™m a big believer in meeting clients face to face, makes it easier to work with people when youā€™ve met them in person before and even easier if youā€™ve had a few beers with them.

Iā€™ll always be a lackey so will be doing this until I change jobs.

6 Likes

Iā€™d be saying the same thing ( or when my lads were very young I deffo would ) but when push comes to shove I hate being away, from the youngest one especially, then she runs amok and gives her mother hell if Iā€™m away to make it even worse.

4 Likes

Fingal Oā€™Dowd will never forgive you for that one

Well heā€™s standing me up to go peninsula prowling tomorrow, and me after flying in from abroad to meet him.
Seriously though, can anyone recommend a decent spot for coffee somewhere near central Dublin.

The Merrion.

Thatā€™s what I was thinking tbh. I like my coffee in a paper cup though.

For yourself or a meeting? And what scale of people are you meeting? Hipsters or people with old money? Or something in between?

By the way I offered to put you up and you turned me down, you snobby cunt.

No for myself. My meeting is at two in the Stephens green area. I have the misfortune of an 8am departure.

I thought you were taking the piss.

Iā€™d add that I already had a room booked for me, which I cancelled to fly back Friday night, and that the reason I didnā€™t take you up on your very kind offer was that I would have had to be out the door at 5am.

He was mate, and still is

4 Likes

Dublin can be heaven with coffee at 11

I know, I got a little suspicious when he offered me a room in his city centre dwelling, when I know for a fact he lives in an ex mining seaside town in North Wales.

And whereā€™s that?

You could do a Fagan on it and sit in McDonalds on Grafton Street and prowl at the world going by on a busy Friday.

Or if youā€™d prefer proper coffee head for any of the Butlerā€™s cafes around the city centre.

2 Likes

I was hoping for a slightly more eclectic recommendation.
I want to be in a fine humor for the meeting.