TFK Summer Run Series: July Flat Out Five Race

Marking you down as 19’55 for the 5 mate?

You’re safe enough, might give one a go next weekend.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s fine by me. Thanks for organising.

I had zero (0) intention of doing this, but I don’t want to be called Sylvie’s salty nuts without a fight
:slightly_frowning_face:

done LSR fifteen miles this morning and I’m going for porter now, Have a very handy five k from yesterday I don’t make it before the cut off

1 Like

I think he should use above. More accurate reflection.

That was three weeks ago mate. The committee deems it ineligible. We are happy for @wexford1996 to submit a time based on his effort yesterday.

Regards,
Committee.

Cc @locke

2 Likes

I’m gonna get a prize (even if it comes out of my pocket and I’m a tight Tipp cunt) for the biggest improvement between this effort and September. It’ll be % improvement I suppose as opposed to time.

Need to keep lads motivated over the summer

Fair enough but if we are using this time against 5k later in year to assess inprovement, his 5k from yesterday is not really accurate reflection of where he is at the moment.

2 Likes

Yeah I see exactly what @Wexford1996 is up to - Glad someone else is awake here

Everyone ran 5k hard. That was the point.

Nor is the fact that he did six kilometres, not sure if i could have another step,
But the criteria is clear enough, I’m under no illusions that I’m faster than @Wexford1996 anyway
@Gavrilo-Princip should be able to give this a good rattle

Will also add a second prize called ‘Spirit of the Series’. The committee will release more details on this.

Fuck it I might be in with a shout there … I nearly landed in CUH on my last one

You make some interesting points here.

The criteria was clear. I’m trying not to be a hard ass here, especially as we let a lad enter a time for the 10km who worked it out on the back of a fag packet, but maybe we need to review @Wexford1996’s entry in more detail

@Wexford1996 is probably in middle of training cycle and 5k did not fit into it. In circumstances most recent 5k should stand. He is clearly the quickest on here.

1 Like

I agree. I certainly don’t think there was anything untoward about @wexford1996 submitting his time, as he was embracing the communitarian spirit of TFK

Wasn’t my intention to cause controversy. Legs were wrecked yesterday and wasn’t up for running max effort.

2 Likes

Not at all.

Don’t sweat it buddy.

1 Like