TFK Summer Run Series: July Flat Out Five Race

Humblebragging is the order of day round here

1 Like

Ha - corrected

1 Like

Managed to get to 15k today despite forces conspiring against me- ran at a fairly steady pace throughout of around 5:45 a kilometre and felt good finishing and could easily have done more. Time was affected by having to stop twice due to catching the wire on my earphones around 4K in and snapping the shitty jack on it meaning I had to do the remaining 11k in silence. My guts betrayed me about 9k in and had take a bio break in the trees and leave my jocks behind me but that didn’t deter me. Feeling it in my legs now. Going to try and get to 21k come the August bank holiday weekend. Once that is done I will get back into the shorter faster stuff and bring the time down but I am finding the longer slower stuff where I am running for distance as opposed to time far more enjoyable.

17 Likes

Shitty Jack and Shitty Jocks

I had to make a call. It was either use the jocks as toilet paper or wipe myself in damp grass and end up with nappy rash

1 Like

I run without jocks. I live in fear of moments like this. I’ve done about five shits in various parts of Keeper Hill (off the side of trails) over the years

1 Like

That’s the key. Run very easy.

1 Like

Was 23’55 for 6k this morning so just under 20 for the 5k. Doubt I’ll go quicker before Tuesday.

7 Likes

Broke 30 minutes there this evening for first time I think. Happy enough seeing as I had a big feed an hour beforehand. 3 minutes quicker than the June run. cc @caulifloweredneanderthal

18 Likes

SCENES! Well done Mike. Three minutes is a month is fair going

@TreatyStones should be able to advise on the best earphones available on the market in 2020. It’s all wireless these days

Have ran each day since June 10km. The process is most enjoyable. Thanks @caulifloweredneanderthal 5km=25.27

19 Likes

What’s the temperature there ray?
Lads here complaining about heat and humidity.

1 Like

I’m going to take a wild guess at 26 degrees

2 Likes

I have Strava on the phone. How do I get onto the running bit?

Big button that says record. Click that and then hit the shoe icon :+1:

6am-8am when I try to run it is about 25 to 29 degrees but 90% humidity. Middle of day it is 35 degrees but 55% humidity. Running long distances here can be borderline dangerous this time of year. My running times would be very significantly slower than in Ireland. I ran Belfast marathon in 3 hours 14 minutes (albeit I was much fitter then).

7 Likes

Way off my target of 25.30… contemplated going Tuesday again but not much will change, I’m only running a couple of months so this is my fitness level and I just gotta own it … The back/hip still not 100% so that ain’t gonna change by Tuesday either… I had to walk the 3k home as it was stiff.

Typical Irish weather, looked like rain leaving so I dressed accordingly. I had to discard outer layer into bushes half way in due to the sun and then go rooting for it on the way back as all the Sunday walkers were passing. It rained then on walk home :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
You win this round @Locke/@Fran

19 Likes

Did you run topless?

No, even better… Wife beater.

1 Like