TFK Summer Run Series: July Flat Out Five Race

Yeah I see exactly what @Wexford1996 is up to - Glad someone else is awake here

Everyone ran 5k hard. That was the point.

Nor is the fact that he did six kilometres, not sure if i could have another step,
But the criteria is clear enough, I’m under no illusions that I’m faster than @Wexford1996 anyway
@Gavrilo-Princip should be able to give this a good rattle

Will also add a second prize called ‘Spirit of the Series’. The committee will release more details on this.

Fuck it I might be in with a shout there … I nearly landed in CUH on my last one

You make some interesting points here.

The criteria was clear. I’m trying not to be a hard ass here, especially as we let a lad enter a time for the 10km who worked it out on the back of a fag packet, but maybe we need to review @Wexford1996’s entry in more detail

@Wexford1996 is probably in middle of training cycle and 5k did not fit into it. In circumstances most recent 5k should stand. He is clearly the quickest on here.

1 Like

I agree. I certainly don’t think there was anything untoward about @wexford1996 submitting his time, as he was embracing the communitarian spirit of TFK

Wasn’t my intention to cause controversy. Legs were wrecked yesterday and wasn’t up for running max effort.

2 Likes

Not at all.

Don’t sweat it buddy.

1 Like

Match today and training tomorrow, I’m signing up for the Tuesday Club. Pace may end up being a little off where we want to be but we’ll see how we go.

1 Like

You can relax mate. It’s highly unlikely I will go any quicker next time out. In fact I think I’ll be slower. I’ve lost my mojo for running.

:astonished::astonished:

Is it Tuesday evening the run has to be done by or tomorrow night. About to start 3rd pint so the answer to that will stop me at 5

Tuesday.

1 Like

Didn’t go hard as bellyful of porter and gin but it’s done

17 Likes

In a West end town a dead end world, east end boys and west end girls

Lucky you didn’t come off at the chicane

2 Likes

Apologies, logged in the wrong thread. 20:30

2 Likes