TFK Summer Run Series: July Flat Out Five Race

There’s a chance that you’re slower through woods/trail than the road, even though it feels like you’re putting the same effort in. That’s natural enough, especially if there’s any bit of an incline. You’ll have more of a bounce off road/ even pavement

In my early days running I used the phone up through back arse forestry and mountains and the GPS on Strava watched with the Garmins of those I was running with

Nah it aint that - as it’s a walkway going through the edge of the woods - not a trail. When I come out into clearing it shoots straight down again - but it cant affect over all time so @flattythehurdler has no excuse

That happens all the time. If you are running under trees etc., the garmin loses the signal. It readjusts then. Nothing to worry about.

2 Likes

I get ya now. What @fenwaypark said!

The odd time the satellite signal is just brutal and you might find your trail and the times a bit askew. Used to happen a fair bit on my old TomTom, has only happened a couple of times with the Garmin. Might be just the technology getting better in general.

you want to be hooked into the glonass aswell

I knew that - but I was hoping you’d like woah! you actually ran a 24.59 bud…

If you’re not hooked into USSR gpski you may as well forget about it.

1 Like

Knew that wasn’t really possible mate

U wat mate?

Everybody should be chipped

Well it tells me I’ve run 3km when I’ve done 11 or 12.
It does this about half the time I use it. It’s a suunto ambit 3 sapphire. I’m not sure does it lose satellite coverage under the trees, it because I’m not on a road. I’ll update the software tonight hopefully.
Sometimes it works fine.
Lookit, I don’t mind if it’s counted or not, or you believe me or not, bar being taken aback that you didn’t.
And it’s Wonkly, not Wonky a la TJ Reid’s lady friend.

1 Like

check that you have the location services switched on. I found out the hard way thinking that the watch was keeping an accurate track of my distance but it way underestimated the distance without having the location/GPS switched on.

I do cos it takes about three minutes hanging around for it to acquire the satellites.
I’ve never plugged it into a computer or updated since I bought it, so that’s most likely it.

1 Like

How old is watch?

Would also recommend these yokes - very handy for phone, gels, keys etc. and you’d often forget you’re wearing it.

FÓGRA.

@flattythehurdler’s time stands

@wexford1996’s time stands.

@flattythehurdler and @locke: sort whatever ye need to sort out via PM.

Correct distances logged next time please gents. Let that be the end of this now. Don’t be dragging this noble thread down to the level of the racism and US politics threads.

1 Like

Do I get a certificate for 4th to go with my Community Games one?

No mate.

I’m keeping track of all the times and will have an overall leaderboard too when all events are done.

I 100% believe you kid.

1 Like