TFK Summer Run Series: July Flat Out Five Race

@flattythehurdler is the kind of fella that if he was playing cricket and was given out he would walk.

1 Like

A cricket analogy … :roll_eyes:

Baron Didsbury will get it

Lap 2 here is Flatty’s run

Seems to me flatty made it far harder on himself by running a big distance before and after his run. That makes his time more impressive.
Running using other people’s watches and times though smacks a bit of Boris Johnson ‘oh look how disorganised and easy going I am’. Surely just get yourself a watch or phone app flatty? You seem to be running marathons and cycling giro ditalia stages every other day and aren’t short of a few quid.

1 Like

@flattythehurdler - besides being a pig ignorant Galway man — why wont you wear a watch?

1 Like

He does wear a watch but he can’t get strava on his diamond encrusted Patek phillipe

He’d call a foul on himself playing snooker/billiards as well.

Must get Moses Kiptanui with me on my next run, have a pacer with me :roll_eyes:

poor aul @flattythehurdler getting an awful doing here. @locke only hiding behind the abuse as he lost out on the bet…

1 Like

:popcorn:

Place needed a bit of drama

I have a suunto but it drops the signal sometimes by the river, so I didn’t want to chance it. I tried also to connect it to Strava which I downloaded at the weekend, but I need to update the software on the watch first via a desktop and didn’t get round to it. I had my phone with Strava on ready, but Matty said “why are you bringing that, I have my watch”. As I was planning on the 5k flat out, I thought the phone might just be an encumbrance.
As I’d not managed to get out on the Monday night, and I’d already promised to run with Matty on Tuesday (and ed but he didn’t get up), I thought I could only try and combine the two, or not bother with the 5k at all. I flagged this in advance.
Anyhow, as @balbec might say, explaining=losing.

Cringing here reading that…

1 Like

Is holding your phone the problem? We can solve this once and for all with input from everybody. You need a short with a zipped pocket, mate. Or you could be one of those gimps that runs with their timing device strapped onto their arm. Or maybe get an Apple Watch or something? Let’s focus on solutions rather than problems here. And let’s leave Matty, Ed and Claire out of it for now, it’s Flatty we need to sort.

1 Like

nothing but excuses

1 Like

I have a bum bag that I use when I want to bring my phone on longer runs.

Get a Garmin, a fella like yourself shouldn’t be depending on some chape watch that sounds like a Japanese whiskey.

2 Likes

How does dropping a signal affect it? It picks it back up when you are in the open and re-jigs everything, no? shur it doesnt affect the overall time anyway - just maybe splits

When I run through Garryduff the signal gets wonky Toe and my pace jumps from 5.25km to any where between 6 - 7 and then shoots down once I get back on the main road — doesnt seem to affect anything as far as I know? @caulifloweredneanderthal?

I’ve mentioned it numerous time but the Decathlon trail shorts are a game changer if you want to carry stuff.

Easily took a phone in the back, 250ml softflask in front, car key in side pocket, and could have fitted a few gels etc as well when I went out on mountains last week. I always bring a drop of water and a phone when in mountains, especially if on my own. No need for either of them on the roads

https://www.decathlon.ie/ie_en/men-s-trail-running-baggy-shorts-graph-en-s145971.html

#ibelievehim