TFK Summer Run Series: July Flat Out Five Race

Not with modern shoes, as long as they fit they need no breaking in, those glycerin are like pillows for your feet

3 Likes

Sports message? Who do you go to?

Unrale, light as a feather too :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

PM me there and I’ll let you know.

Match pencilled in for Sunday currently so Monday it will be.

I had it in my head that this was a 10km, a 5km should be a doddle. Did a 8x400 there yesterday (8 fast, 8 slow) and the pace on the fast ones was consistently around the 3:45 - 3:50 min/km mark so we’re getting there.

3 Likes

Went out a while ago.
Did a handy km to warm up.
Did 1km in 3:50
Then planned to do another but felt really crap so came home. I haven’t been able to eat properly the past few days and I think the fuel tank was empty. I’m home an hour and still feel like puking.

1 Like

Was just checking the app there,a 3:59 is my fastest 1km time (as part of a 5km).

I think I tried doing a fast km once before, on a run where the legs were like concrete. Gave up on my planned distance and said I’d go all out for a km. The end result was fairly predictable, think I clocked a 4:10 or thereabouts and had to go lie down on a patch of grass for half an hour and quietly gasp. When the legs say no, you have to listen.

OK lads, if it’s dry I’ll probably go for it tomorrow morning, it’s my only guaranteed run for the weekend, the missus is working Saturday and Sunday so mightn’t get out, probably should have taken it easy this morning
Will try to get close to 20, if I’m feeling good I could go under that

8 Likes

Nice tackies, what are they?

Did mine last night as I don’t think I’ll get a chance over the weekend, I might try again Sunday if I get a chance as I’m somewhat disappointed with this one, I’m convinced that I’m built for comfort, not for speed

9 Likes

1 Like

19:33 for the 5k
That was fucking tough, but thanks @caulifloweredneanderthal, I never thought I could do that on my own

25 Likes

Fair fucks :+1:

1 Like

Great running - I plan on doing 15k on Saturday so may well give the 5k a skip.

2 Likes

Lovely stuff

1 Like

I have my work cut out for me here…

2 Likes

Well done @backinatracksuit :clap:

1 Like

Fair fucks man, super effort

1 Like

Got out yesterday evening but I never sent the post.

Happy enough with it. Think I’ll do a few parkruns when they return and see how close I can get to 20 mins tailgating faster runners.

17 Likes

@caulifloweredneanderthal I thought the times were to pm’d to you?