The Lazy Laz and Uncle Esteban 5k challenge

Another hill run tonight. I have to agree with @Big_Dan_Campbell at the moment. Enjoying the long runs a lot more than the short fast ones. Looking forward to the August bank holiday now

10 Likes

I never enjoy short runs. If I had the time, I’d love to be out for a couple of hours on the hills every weekend. Yesterday was my first time ‘racing’ 5km

1 Like

I’m going to go tonight if I can scrape enough energy together to out my runners on after work.

Have you split times on that? Be interesting to see how the hill worked into it.

Here you go

1 Like

Not overly happy with this, plenty of excuses but really just didn’t have enough fast stuff done. Stuck with the same route as last time for the sake of consistency but the cross wind was a killer. Should have done better on km 4.

18 Likes

Commiserations, mate.

Is he outside the medals?

Cheers, I’ll give it another shot in a few weeks. I might be better going left handed.

We need some blinkers or headgear as you are not pushing yourself based upon heart rate. You are getting close to a timeform squiggle!

4 Likes

He’s only going through the motions - i’m not sure he wants to be a runner at all.

1 Like

That HR :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

I’m going for a run lads. Going on the roads. I’ll try and do 12-13km…will report back.

1 Like

Ha, I knew someone would comment. Realised half way through the watch had come loose. Was under too much pressure to go fiddling with it.

1 Like

In a 5k, you go out hard and hold on for dear life. It’s meant to hurt. You should have gone out at 3.50 pace.

3 Likes

I did intend to go harder the first 1km, I looked a few times and I was going 3:30 - 3:45 pace, but when I checked with 50m to go I was heading on for 4mins, so was disappointed with that, dunno what happened.

The next 1.5km is uphill and pretty exposed in terms of wind (I’m happy enough with that stretch).

Km 1 and Km 4 I should I have been faster alright.

1 Like

my tactic for a 5k is pick the target pace minus 10 seconds and try to keep it even, say 6:15 a mile, its a bit easier than going nuts and trying to hang on, you can set it up on the watch that way, if it goes south, then fuck it

2 Likes

Fcuk that

1 Like

I have a business meeting tonight which will likely balls things up. Called at lunchtime and can’t be helped.
If I have anything in me, I’ll go tonight when I get home.

I’d be taking as many notes of what these runners are saying Sylvie

2 Likes