TFK Virtual Run Series Event 4: How High Can You Go? the Vertical Challenge

Is that Ticknock? I was considering that sort of location for a hill run.

He had me fooled too, Fenners is old school

2 Likes

The devious bastard

1 Like

@fenwaypark, some of those splits are ridiculous for a run like that. Fair play

1 Like

Go for it mate

Cruagh road

Great going today mate by the way. I’m taking it you’re feeling better thankfully :+1:

1 Like

95% headaches gone thank God. Just a little tired.

3 Likes

The Seven Sisters ultra was on in Donegal today. Know a few heads doing it. It’s just over 50km.

The winner was a really strong runner from Donegal who did it in 7 hours, 11 minutes. It was a 40 minute win.

There were 3,500 metres of elevation :fearful::cold_sweat:

Modest enough effort, don’t think my quads could have held up to any more but had to give it a go anyway :+1:

3 Likes

Just to add my moving time and elapsed time are same bar 4 secs.

Puts you in second so far.

Lads, am happy to extend this up until next weekend even? @mac and @fran are going to have late entries.

Also gives an opportunity for a few to go again*

*I should be hitting the hills back home next Saturday and might be doing higher elevation myself. Not sure.

2 Likes

Great challenge @caulifloweredneanderthal. Great running from you, Fenners and Tracksuit.

Hammered it down to get my average time down to 7.57 on my watch and then Strava gives me 7.15 :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: looks like this is due to moving time versus elapsed time

5 Likes

Aboy the kid :+1::+1::muscle::muscle:

Fair play, great running,
Where did you go?

Combaun Wood in the lower Galtees just outside Anglesboro.

I had originally planned to get to Temple Hill but due to fog/cloud but mainly insufficient fitness turned back at the peak in the photo below. I originally thought it was the top of the hill as couldn’t see the rest on the fog.

3 Likes

Lovely run. Fog can be a pain, especially on open mountain. It forced me to reroute a few times Friday and just abandon a particular peak I wanted to hit, because I couldn’t see far enough in front.

Here’s what I have so far? Am I missing anyone?

@Locke @flattythehurdler @wexford1996 @Gman @Fat_Pox etc - any of ye gonna give it a go? Ok to take times up to next week

1 Like

I’ll try and run derroura next weekend if my foot allows.

1 Like