TFK Virtual Run Series Event 4: How High Can You Go? the Vertical Challenge

Youā€™d get about 600 with an up and down from the road.

If you donā€™t get mucky doing the trails, youā€™re doing it wrong.

Iā€™ll be around Keeper and off the back of it next Saturday le Cunamh De. Iā€™ll be the lad with the black cap trying to keep up with an athletic fella.

1 Like

Looks like a lad who plays wet Tuesday nights in Stoke for Munster rubby.

1 Like

A prop forward

Anyone going this weekend? This is what I have so far. Iā€™m going out again tomorrow but donā€™t think Iā€™ll get any more than 500-600m max

Slept in this morning :rage: had hoped to get to 300m elevation but Mrs has work on so ran out of time. Added a whole 2 extra metres to last run.
The place was like a mud bathā€¦but there were loads of groups trudging up and down the trails. Iā€™ve fucking thorn scrapes all over my arms here stinging away.

Anyway, very disappointed not to see @Locke or @Fran and @flattythehurdler give this a lash. Iā€™ve little to no fitness and did something. These lads are grand fellas to give it big licks freewheeling down hill on their 5k runs.

4 Likes

Iā€™ll try and do it tonight or tomorrow night

2 Likes

Well done, with that elevation in mind thatā€™s a very impressive run from you,
Your best yet since you made the comeback?

Yeahā€¦ The hills around here are short but seriously steepā€¦ I donā€™t know if itā€™s easier to go longer on terrain thatā€™s gradually elevating or those shorter steeper elevations every few hundred metresā€¦ Itā€™s almost like interval trainingā€¦ Get your breath back on the other side and go again.

1 Like

Got another 700 metres approximately in this morning. Came off keeper a way Iā€™d never come down heading towards Silvermines direction. My buddy said to me whatever you do, donā€™t go off the trail and go left, because youā€™ll be off the mountain. He flew off. Visibility was non existent and I rolled my dodgy ankle at the start so had a nervy/cautious descent. Lovely open mountain wet trail though @PhattPike @backinatracksuit. Brings you back the Slieve Felim Way then and hooks up to main Keeper route after about 3-4km. We planned on coming down the MTB trails then but my ankle was feeling a bit dodgy so we stuck to the fire roads unfortunately.

Following on from @Corksfinedtboy posting semi nudes yesterday, this is the way your legs should look after running a few trails

2 Likes

Well done, youā€™ve fine long toes like myself

I actually considered going out there this morning but I was a bit tired, stayed close to home, 76m elevation over 16k :grinning:

I had the gear out to go this morning and then Mrs Mac got up with the boys and I fell back asleep. Iā€™m currently sipping a coffee in bed contemplating my options :joy:

1 Like

Iā€™d rather look at @Corksfinedtboy chest than those toes. Spoiler that for fuck sake

2 Likes

:joy::joy: my Mrs, God bless her, has never made a bad remark about my body in all our time together (and thereā€™s plenty she could), but a number of years ago, she said one day ā€˜youā€™ve awful weird toesā€™.

At least all my toenails are in tact at the moment. The big ones have gone a good few times over the years.

1 Like

Our route

5 Likes

Well done to all who took part. Some great efforts. Siem Reap is flat as a pancake so couldnā€™t partake.

1 Like

8 metres

5 Likes

FFS lads my poor ol chest is getting an awful lash, just aswell im old it passes over my old ceann

Yesssssā€¦ I fucking destroyed you. In your face!

ps how is the new arrival settling in?

First run in weeks. The Garmin didnā€™t kick in until the end of the Well road so it could be 20 metres.

All good pal, a month old now, here in my arms asleep.

2 Likes

Iā€™m on the boat lad.

1 Like