TFK's Far Right - Watch thread (no spongers allowed)

Relevant input alright, good man.

Apologies, you are correct. I responded to the wrong thread. Please forgive me. :pray:

1 Like

I’ll know to expect it on the russia thread soon so!

Apparently

father_ted_s3e1

1 Like

Things getting very hairy in France.

What’s going on at all??

Far Right?

The Muslim far right

Not a great look

https://twitter.com/actualalexjames/status/1675760714190065665?s=46

Liiks like mbpabes intervention has calmed things down

They like a riot over in France from time to time. Paddy wouldn’t bother his bollix though. Farmers throw a few shapes and drive their tractors to Dublin but that’s as bould as we get.

3 Likes

Lads, not sure this is the correct location but is this whole hate speech law going to be passed or is it all a bit of an over exaggeration.

Am I right wing for questioning this?

I’m sure @Cheasty has all the answers.

Intercom CEO’s approach to ‘divisive and political issues’ does not extend to his own Twitter timeline

Yes mate, most people despise you and all the bullshit you believe in. Any other revelations you need to hear?

(Coughs) TFK Sweden correspondent checking in.

I sat into a taxi in Dublin airport with my Swedish partner on a return to Ireland and he asked where we we’re flying from. I said, ‘Sweden, I’ve lived there for a few years’. He said, ‘Terrible, what has happened to that fine country with the immigrants coming in murdering and raping the women’. The missus looked genuinely puzzled. I asked, ‘Where did you hear this?’ ‘Breitbart, he replied’.

Then, I had to try and explain in the hotel to an innocent Swedish girl what type of Nazi propaganda our shit for brains portion of the population think is ‘the news’.

9 Likes

Shuks mate, all that propaganda that chap’s listening to, warping his mind.

Here’s a few lines from the below the sensationalist headline that would suck someone in.

-But Sweden had thousands more reported rapes, and there is no ethnic breakdown for those.

-He pointed out that the number of reported rapes in Sweden was far higher, so no conclusions could be drawn on the role of immigrants in sexual attacks.

I met with some family members recently that sadly get sucked into these sensationalist headlines, and are starting to view immigrants as rapists and murderers. I said, if you took a trip into Arbour Hill or Mountjoy, you’ll be surprised that your not met with a wall of black and brown men, but Irish people. They’re the overwhelming majority of rapists and murderers in Ireland. I think many if not most of us have a section of our mind who’d like to paint those from different cultures as bad or dangerous and a growing section of today’s available media plays to the fears of someone different in order to drive traffic, and some individuals famously have used this to win elections, both in the very distant past and not so recent past.
Sweden has a long and chequered history of supporting some of these characters and ideas, and the ‘easy to read’ media will mirror the likes of a Fox News tactic with ‘Muslim steals food from shop’ or ‘African immigrant drives dangerously’, as opposed to ‘Person steals food from shop’ or ‘Person drives dangerously’ eventually inciting a mini-hysteria amongst the less rational inhabitants, directed at anyone who doesn’t fit the blonde hair, blue eyed stereotype.

12 Likes

Youre sticking your head in the sand. The number is stark there, convicted is used because it’s factual and substantiated. 58% foreign born.

All your responding with is the usual cope, nothing to see here, it’s actually the right wings press fault! Laughable stuff, if it wasnt so serious. Let’s see you wordplay around the data and conclusion of the following study and bear in mind this contains data between 2000 and 2015, before the largest migrations.

Dastardly fox news at it again