TFK's Far Right - Watch thread (no spongers allowed)

I’d say it might. There’s also politics going with FF (department of housing) not wanting to help.

That was really the entirety of my point. That people may not like the utter cunts who are at the centre of those protests but sometimes roaring and shouting like that is the only way to get things changed in Ireland because sensible people are afraid to challenge the direction of travel in case they get accused of being granny killers/Nazis

I would completely disagree with that point. We are in an emergency situation and need to use every building possible in the short term.

The long term plan is already there.

Accomodation centres for who?

Are we?

Ireland voluntarily agreed to fully participate in the EU relocation and resettlement schemes.

It can end today.

I believe we’re going to throw money at other countries to take our share now instead.

1 Like

The country is full.

Asylum seekers, is my understanding.

Wrong. The white paper is clear on it. It’s not just the legal limbo of the direct provision system that is wrong. It’s the system of housing them all together in one place, thereby keeping them at arms length from the community. An us and them feel to it.
The greens are quite clear that they want reception centres but that refugees/asylum seekers should be housed within communities in a variety of manners, own homes, shared homes, rooms in private host homes etc. And that a variety of providers would be involved.
It’s the opposite of your confident scolding of @Arthur. It’s only in the last month or two, since Roderick stated that #IrelandIsFull, that the idea of full time accomodation centres built by the government for continued living has been mooted.
Educate yourself. Read the actual policy document you are confidently misrepresenting.

1 Like

I think you two are debating different points, maybe you both need to clarify what you’re opposing about the others argument

I dont know why we can’t just all get along.

Thank you for posting that. So 3 months is what they propose for reception centres, as i said very short term. Then its into the community. Pg 42-44 i think is where they do the detail on where asylum seekers and refugees will live. It’s quite clearly not in accomodation centres.

He was quite rude and dismissive yesterday while being flat out wrong. I was sure i was right so i had a little read of the green party paper on ending direct provision. I like to do my own research as the fella says. I had planned a whopper of a days work yesterday but that had gone to shit at that stage any way. May as well be hung for arguing shite on the internet as a lamb as the phrase goes.

2 Likes

The fact that a lad is willing to go as far as reading a political partys green paper to win an argument on the INTERNET is in equal measures impressive, and an indicator that he is a man to be very very wary of.

2 Likes

I’m nearly not sure now myself. I said a decision was made in 2020 as opposed to recently. It was just a factual statement.

Green Party manifesto is trumping government statement of policy now? @tsg will be delighted to hear it.

Ah Glas dig up for fucks sake. Yet again, your smug cheapshot belies your ignorance. The white paper is policy. It was published by Rodericks department for everything in 2021* and is not some wishlist bollox by the krusties without shower gel or an arse in their pants. A quick google would have made that clear to you.

*available for download in arabic, urdu, albanian, somalia, georgian and Irish.

Sure the Jurassic period is “recently” to geologists

4 Likes

Always zoom out

I’m still lost. My point was reception centres were policy years ago. The decision was made years ago. I posted a screenshot of the policy from September 2020 which says this. This is not new policy.