That's it ! everybody in RTE should be executed forthwith

agreed - should he be held at gunpoint and forced to go on a current affairs show?

I’m sure the slippery fucker knows what’s what.

I understand that, but realistically RTE should be more interested in what is actually causing transmission rates, not which looks worse for optics.

Further to your previous comment, the rates of health care workers in the last wave being high should not have happened this time around. It should have been handled better and the employees in the hospital looked after better. They had a chance to rectify it and failed. Same with patients. It seems you are more likely than not to get it if you go to hospital.

anyway, this is going down a rabbit hole.

1 Like

They are not reporting on it.

Do you think it’s a box ticking exercise?

10 seconds on hospital transmission rates and 20 minutes on people breaching travel restrictions.

Hospital transmission rates are scandalous but there is a clear objective of the state broadcaster to divert news away from government scandals.

Why are we giving more coverage to a lady who makes masks for Joe Biden than hospital transmission rates that are costing lives?

ok mate. You’ve no perspective on anything and you’re blinded by hatred.

This will all be over soon, but unfortunately there is no cure for what you have.

That’s exactly it. The RTE cameras were there not to shame individuals (people were only shown on camera if they agreed) but to question the governments policy to allow foreign travel while at the same time banning travel of over 5KM from your home. The issue of supervised quarantine being mandatory was what that whole segment of the show was looking at.

1 Like

Pathetic stuff from you.

We can see that you can’t be objective on this. You literally want health service failings to be hushed because it looks bad on the government, the forum’s own Josef Goebbels.

They did not need their cameras and an interviewer there to show that. They have a forum everyday to interview ministers and press them hard on these inconcistencies.

Rte News maybe? He is well able to find a microphone when it suits him.

1 Like

Esteban does not want news, he wants propaganda.

I’m giving an opinion - they can broadcast live from the Mater daily and roar at nurses for not being 2 metres back - it won’t affect my life.

There would be negative consequences to reporting on the failings of the health service on a national level to the moral of the people who are most important in fighting this, right now - you can’t target the head without going after the body - the people who are at fault are shielded by the people who can’t avoid it.

Try having a little bit of perspective

But you have to remember that this surge since Christmas was completely unexpected and was like nothing they had seen before. Close contacts of cases in terms of staff being asked to come in to cover shifts (that can’t be good but desperate times etc).

There are inherent difficulties in our health system in terms of dealing with a pandemic, no more so than buildings not fit for purpose. I don’t think there are very many people that deliberately failed in their duty but in fact went beyond their call of duty in respect of hospitals since Christmas.

So lets hush it because the people, the man who pays his tax, sees that the government failed. It should not be hushed, there should be widespread anger, the nurses are angry that they are having to publicly go off to the press and news cameras and shame the government and HSE into action.

It’s just a pity RTE have done their best to censor the INMO.

ok you’re arguing with fresh air again.

Is it not public service broadcasting to show that the airports are in fact not closed down completely but sizeable enough numbers of people are still coming into the country? I’m not a fan of RTE in general but I fail to see the issue with reporting on a topic that is causing plenty of debate at present.

No I’m just exposing how you don’t want the news reported, you only want government propaganda reported that shows them in a positive line. See below.

the only people calling for censorship here are the people who didn’t want the RTE cameras at the airport - that’s my whole argument - against censorship.

Everything else you claim is censored is publicly available information - you seem to want a personally tailored news feed -

if there was a hate the free state TV station - maybe you’d get what you’re looking for

Because it’s a rather bizarre way of reporting on it when there is a pandemic at play. Every day and night government ministers are interviewed on radio and TV. RTE have a number of news and current affairs reporters that can report on this issue and questions government without the need to use the common man as a pygmy for shaming them.

For me it tries to shift blame onto people when govt policy is the issue.

How stupid are you?

You called for censorship on hospital transmission rates a number of times already and have sought to justify it as it might “damage moral”.

I haven’t “called for” anything. I wouldn’t be so arrogant

I’m a person of no consequence on a national scale, so are you. maybe if you had some perspective, you’d understand a little bit more

You have already called for health service failings to be hushed. You know full well you have. I have shown you that post multiple times now.