That's it ! everybody in RTE should be executed forthwith

Claire Byrne distancing herself.

Fantastic.

I’d say there’s a wonderful team ethos in Montrose.

2 Likes

Not that surprising and quite sensible really for anyone in that situation,

Those Oireachteas committees are set up for politician grand-standing and looking to get their viral “gotcha” moments rather than genuine fact-finding. I think the public had it right when they told them to sling their hook looking for more powers.

First caller a pro RTE man, defending these poor unfortunate independent contractors like Tubs.

:grimacing:

The way things are going Rob the Racist could have his own show on RTE very soon!

2 Likes

Wrong forum alright but people can’t be allowed to just piss off and retire waving 2 fingers at us when it comes to tax payers money being spent in a questionable manner.

https://twitter.com/paddycosgrave/status/1673313108046016513?s=46&t=3dkoDtDtBjNbfb6fbNY8_Q

Second caller says poor Tubs is being demonised.

Incredible how this cunt Duffy gets away with it.

2 Likes

I suppose you’d need to include it as legislation or as part of their employment contract so.

I get what you’re saying in one sense (& not to come across all Paddy Cosgrave) but it’s kinda annoying that the resignation followed by health/well-being excuse is the handy way to avoid being held accountable for the people involved. While on an organisational level, the tactic is generally to commission a report & then state that they can’t divulge much because they don’t want to prejudice the report. I’d actually have fierce respect for the likes of John Delaney, who was very forthcoming at the committee that time.

Why did Rob Heff get the bullet @TreatyStones?

Very annoying alright - but if the Dail committees didn’t have a strong pattern of the likes of McSharry etc acting the bollox then they might be considered a fair forum.

It’s hard to credibly believe that in the current media-storm that they would act in any way reasonably and as such its the obvious thing to do if you’re the individual at the centre of it.

1 Like

Don’t know the specifics but there’s new owners who are shaking things up (even though it seems they are retaining his co-presenters). I did chuckle at his statement where he included the fact that the presenter replacing him wasn’t from Cork, which seemed like he was sounding the klaxon.

16 Likes

It was only “barter”…

Third caller in a row is defending Tubridy. This is incredible.

1 Like

Jesus, you must think I’m an awful sad cunt :man_shrugging:

1 Like

‘Ryan has done nothing wrong.’

‘He’s legal and above board.’

has padded Joe made any declarations?

1 Like

‘Tubs is better than Trump’ = the gist of it

it was absolutely right that it failed. the whole thing was driven by shatter, who along with others, made a show of himself in a dail committee on abbeylara. no way youd give a prick like that more powers.