That's it ! everybody in RTE should be executed forthwith

Rte wouldn’t produce father ted. They had to go to channel 4. Rte are allergic to actual talent

Same as black books. An absolute classic

1 Like

Was Black Books pitched to RTÉ?

That was a good show

I presume it wasnt but i don’t know but linehan was behind it and I’d say he didnt bother his hole after father ted

Why would they offer a show that channel 4 asked them to write to RTÉ? That would seem very poor form wouldnt you agree?

What?

RTÉ were never offered Father Ted.

4 Likes

Public opinion seems to be coming back to Tubridy’s side.

Too many permanently angry, po-faced, hypocritical, sanctimonious dickheads wanting his head on a plate.

1 Like

It was an irish show, with irish writers and irish actors. They never even fought for it

Or black books

Or the i.t crowd.

Instead we got rhe latest eleanor tiernan hot take. One up rte

Or Ballykissangel

We’re RTÉ even aware of it until it was released?

I think Dermot Morgan was on the LLS one night back in the 90s talking about a new show he was working on for channel 4 which turned out to be Father Ted?

3 Likes

Channel 4 commissioned Fr Ted, it was never offered to RTÉ

There was no fighting for it. Channel 4 asked them to create a tv show. The show was Fr Ted. It would have been very odd to offer a show commissioned by Channel 4 to another broadcaster

RTE rejected Only Fools And Horses.

4 Likes

And last night at the proms the useless cunts

8 Likes

RTE rejected The A-Team.

The original pitch to them was:

“In 1972 a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a British military court for a crime they didn’t commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Dundalk underground. Today, still wanted by the British government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the (IR)A-Team.”

1 Like

Song of Praise was a massive loss to the RTÉ Sunday evening schedule

Coward like a fox…:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Cracker!

On the basis of who he respresents, he should a contender when push comes to shove in mid January 2024.

Well he is a cunt…no matter what anybody says, tubridy is guilty of being an utter cunt…

Exactly what I wondered when I first heard of this