That's it ! everybody in RTE should be executed forthwith

I called them Beil agus Sebàistien you fucker.

2 Likes

One of your more bizarre stances.

1 Like

Thats a turn up for the books. You are now the subject of TFK ire. Good work taking the heat off your pal tubs

Nothing remotely bizarre about it. People are entitled to maximise their earnings according to what the market will pay them and they’re not under any obligation to pay any more tax than necessary under the law. Otherwise agents and accountants and tax lawyers wouldn’t exist.

Again, the concept of morals doesn’t even come into this, it’s only the law that counts. Anybody who believes otherwise is in la la land.

People can bleat all they want but about Tubridy and about whoever else, and that’s fine if they want to do that, same as it’s fine if people want to believe Monaghan will win the All-Ireland, but it’s ultimately meaningless hot air.

The law, the people who make the law and the people at RTE who employ Tubridy and set the terms of his contract should be the targets of your ire if you believe Tubridy was overpaid. You cannot blame somebody for maximising their worth.

Let’s take a moment to think about all the other people this affects. Any portly folk affectionately known to their mates as ‘Tubs’ must be feeling the heat. And i believe it’s a popular nickname for people called Turlough too. God bless all those unfortunates caught in the crossfire.

1 Like

:rotating_light:

1 Like

What’s tax got to do with it?

Have RTE considered employing a tub of lard to present the 9am-10am RTE Radio 1 slot, as Have I Got News For You did when some guest I can’t remember the identity of didn’t turn up?

I suppose that gag probably wouldn’t work as well on the radio.

Thats simply untrue. As a person paid by the taxpayer, working for the public service broadcaster, he does have ethical responsibilities. He’s utterly failed them. You are just wumjoying being a contrarian here.

7 Likes

It’s more effective when his wind up arguments are vaguely coherent.

Not when it comes to remuneration he doesn’t. His only responsibility when it comes to remuneration is to himself and the law. He’s operating on the open market. If RTE are willing to pay what what he can negotiate, why shouldn’t he take it? You take what you can get. That’s the way of the world. You cannot blame somebody for operating according to self-interest when it comes to remuneration.

Just catching up so apologies if someone has answered this already. By asking Forbes to resign last weekend, has the Chair of the RTE board, presumably unintentionally, removed the key witness in all this meaning she can not be asked to give evident any stage? What an innocent miscalculation on her behalf…

If you can’t read I can’t help you.

I’m very good at reading, mate.

The Shane Long of the forum.

3 Likes

Agreed. It’s also sad to see a good fella so desperate for a fight that he’d end up backing Tubs.

1 Like

Tubridy hasn’t done anything wrong.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/notthertenews/status/1674032474521731075?s=46&t=pBoz6vwJNpAFZhshXLNoZg

I actually quite admire your internet way of swivelling or pivotting out of positions without really conceding but still getting a passive aggressive dig in, the equivalent of the🤷‍♂️ emoji. It’s a nice touch

You just knew either @Cheasty or @backinatracksuit would support Tubridy, stale.