That's it ! everybody in RTE should be executed forthwith

He must have some amount of air miles built up.
Knows he has to keep @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy onside too

1 Like

You’d surely want that.

There’s obviously serious resentment in RTÉ between the journalists & the “talent”. See Emma O’Kelly, the education correspondent & union rep, talking the other day about newsroom colleagues on zero hour contracts with no entitlements etc & the various regional correspondents who are raging about taking pay cuts & being denied crews/equipment to cover stories while RTÉ & Tubridy were negotiating these side deals. I think one of the reasons Tubridy’s actions are so morally bankrupt is because he projected an image of being in both camps, as it were. He wasn’t just a breakfast show bantz radio type or a mere TV presenter/personality. He was a keen political mind, voraciously hoovered up news on US politics, had the JFK obsession, could handle interviews with our own politicians & tackle whatever items were news of the day. You’d kind of expect some solidarity with his journalistic colleagues who were dealing with budget cuts, pay cuts & job losses. I feel terribly let down by Ryan Tubridy - he’s breached my trust.

17 Likes

30 Late Late Shows in a season for Kielty seems a bit light. 30 would only take him up to the end of March. Would have thought 36 or 37 shows in a season would be expected.

My favourite Tubs moment is your one from Derry Girls making him squirm.

Let him rebuild his career covering the traffic on FM104 on minimum wage.

3 Likes

Excellent

I tweeted yesterday that in the event the legal folk conclude RTÉ must fulfil his contract then I’d like to see him take over as football touchline reporter from Tony O’Donoghue.

1 Like

Can picture him at Tolka Park interviewing a disgruntled Damien Duff following a controversial penalty decision.

Duff getting ratty - ‘did you think it was a penalty yourself, Ryan?’

4 Likes

Art knew.

I’m picturing a “strong start from RTÉ” caption in the bottom of the screen while Dunphy & Giles analyse the Chairperson’s opening statement.

https://twitter.com/tomlyonsbiz/status/1674399464528683010?s=46&t=0sQkcb7z4szDmx1-2Xlm0w

9 Likes

What’s this now? Any auld link?

Drink it in man

Talent - what talent?
https://twitter.com/RMcGreevy1301/status/1674399938099159040

Siún is gonna drain the swamp.

Watching it now.

This Siún Ni Raghallaigh is a very unimpressive speaker. Adrian Lynch doesn’t come across as a likeable character either.

James O’Connor TD getting the ball rolling. Struggling to land many punches.

Incorrect. He’s left him on his hole there.

I’m not sure the lady in question is capable of even draining a 3hr 15min ECO wash @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

She comes across a bit gentle.

This will just be another round of Dee Forbes and NKM bashing. They will do themselves no favors if they remain absent

What was that?

Whatever would make you say that…

I was being slightly tongue in cheek