That's it ! everybody in RTE should be executed forthwith

I know the devil will be in the detail but fat Joe won’t be happy with this development

1 Like

There’ll be jelly and ice cream when that cunt pops off.

sure he can go and get big bucks in the private sector

1 Like

Anyone else sick of the non-stop RTE news which isn’t actually the RTE news? :face_with_peeking_eye:

Spending the first ten minutes of the Six One news talking about themselves.

I can see RTÉ being split, ESB-style. One half just news, cultural stuff and that, paid for by the license fee. The other half separate, run commercially

That’ll last about 5 mins. Rte2 and 2fm aren’t commercially viable

They should sell the two johnnies show internationally.

7 Likes

Claw the money back for riverdance from moya doherty

1 Like

There’s a market for shit twee Irishness, look at Mrs Brown’s Boys. The Aussies and Irish people living the dream would lap it up if it was on over there. I could actually see it working abroad which is the scary thing

They might need to tone down the Tipperary and ditch Una Healy

That’s a bit much

Good idea, how did RTE end up footing the bill for that Eurovision but Riverdance ended up being owned by someone else?

RTE - the Megan Rapinoe of broadcasting

It isn’t

The same thing would have happened with the Toy Show musical if it had been successful.

1 Like

Riverdance was only on at Eurovision for about ten minutes as an interval act, how would RTÉ retain rights?

Rte had a ten per cent share in it.

Bakhurst was on Newstalk there and basically said I don’t give a fuck if the presenters leave. There are plenty more. Tubridy not costing them listeners is a big fuck you to all the overpaid fuckers.

Ciara Kelly and himself had a bit of back and forth over the valuation of Donnybrook, which apparently is only €100m which seems low

3 Likes

Even €250k a year is overly generous. €200k would have been plenty.

At the height of the Celtic Tiger, Pat Kenny was on something like €950k a year. Mental money.

1 Like

Does he have to go home and tell the wife she’s getting a paycut? Could be an interesting conversation. :crazy_face: