That's it ! everybody in RTE should be executed forthwith

It’s not his only source of employment is it?

Mrs is upset over this.

I know some folks doing stuff for RTÉ 2XM and it seemed like not much more than a glorified student radio station

The auld lad will be very disappointed about Aertel. It was his version of whatsapp groups/TFK/ the internet.

1 Like

Moving Lyric to Dublin will only increase traffic congestion.

I doubt it.

None as lucrative I’d say. Much like a lot of the Irish public sector they are an irritating leech on the tax payer. Imagine them only introducing pay freezes now. Jesus wept.

You’d want your head examined to engage on Twitter.

I’ve been in and around those studios a number of times. They’re not particularly big. The RTÉ regional studio is beside it, and is one large radio studio, a small green-screen studio for TV and radio link ups to Dublin and a small edit facility. I don’t see it saving them a huge amount of dough, but I suppose every little counts.

Huge blow for Limerick and it’s sense of importance as an Irish City. Huge.

It’s probably cost Limerick a shot at being European Capital of Culture

Hard to see them rebounding from this. Culture means the world to the people of Limerick

2 Likes

They’ll probably have a protest about it. Lads in huge headphones and wheelchairs at city hall.

@anon61878697 leading the charge waxing lyrically.

This is all good news for @anon61878697 with the news that RTÉ Cark will have more people joining their ranks. Limerick is dead to him

1 Like

I’m at war with the powers who largely control Limerick’s cultural output — fuck em

Limerick is a city of unique and cutting edge culture. We are light years ahead of some Dublin 4 cast off with our Troy Studios and our chawwwwwwklit.

Whoop, whoop

Chawklit for everyone …

Shure, @TheUlteriorMotive takes life advice from Blindboy ffs

Marty Whelan is unconsolable I’m told–no more early morning pictures of beautiful Limerick city to post from he’s Twitter account

1 Like

http://www.msn.com/en-ie/money/news/ryan-drops-€75k-heres-what-top-rté-talent-will-lose-in-pay-cuts/ar-BBWpJJX?ocid=ientp

Over 1,800 people work for RTÉ :anguished:

1 Like

Where limerick goes, cork lads will follow.

A lot of these cunts will have to cut back on d’owl nose candy.

2 Likes

1,800 are paid by RTÉ you mean.

That doesn’t even include all the contractors