That's it ! everybody in RTE should be executed forthwith

He does the show from Dublin

I am with your Mrs on this . It surely can’t cost a lot . Better this than some of the insufferable cunts on 2FM that I am occasionally made listen to .

No one there should earn more than the Taoiseach .

Except up the steps* in Croke Park

*onto the winners podium

Hopefully it will spell the end for that insufferable cunt Will Leahy

He clearly didn’t like being landed on Gold and had constant jibes about it being amateurish and was moaning the whole time. Rick O’Shea, on the other hand, surprisingly came across as a totally alright sort. A nice antidote to Leahy’s prickishness

4 Likes

BlindBoy and his musings and advice on mental health was or is number 1 podcast.

Has the whole world gone mad?

1 Like

Seemingly.

He’s a money hungry prick - peddling snake oil.

Those early mornings in Limerick meant more to him than any Eurovision trip

9k a week for that prick Darcy.You couldn’t make it up.

4 Likes

I really don’t get why RTÉ feel they have to overpay these people. Nobody else wants them and if they do then let them off. You could have @anon26343222 on radio one and he’d pull in a couple of hundred thousand listeners, same as any of them. With George hook gone there’s probably a gap in the market for him actually :thinking:

9 Likes

Job on their hands keeping all the ‘talent’…

Or when it emerges that no one else would hire them surely further cuts can be contemplated to the big earners

Hopefully they can turn RTÉ’s much unloved Limerick base into a late-night Middle Eastern fast food restaurant. It’s badly needed in that part of town.

5 Likes

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I wo der if the poor craters will serve strike notice

I was listening to a bit of Morning Ireland on the way into work this morning and I thought Dobbo let himself down a bit.

He was giving Dee a right hard time about cutting the salaries of the top 10 or 15 earners. He was like - tell me how much that’s going to save - as if to highlight that the saving would be minimal, so why do it? Is Dobbo one of the top earners? I assumed he was anyway and I took from it that he was advocating to save his own salary and let the rest of them get fucked.

It left a right sour taste in my mouth anyway.

5 Likes

I think a salary cap needs to be introduced, given the level of horse piss content RTE produce then I think €120k should be the max for a presenter/broadcaster with the mid range ones pulling in 50-70k.

It’s RTE ffs.

2 Likes

Sure wasn’t a dirty rotten pedo bastard running their sports department a few years ago , that rte needs a good cleaning out .

Iirc Dobbo is on about 150k. Didn’t Sharon throw her toys out of the pram over her pay compared to his a few years back when he was presenting the news with Her on the telly

More like 200k

I stand corrected.