That's it ! everybody in RTE should be executed forthwith

There is a perception that RTE don’t do comedy well. About 12 years ago they got an obese, alcoholic coke fiend to present the first season of Operation Transformation. They are well able to do a bit of comedy when it suits them.

1 Like

I did. Archive footage is always great but the talking heads were lazy nonsense for the large part.
‘We always took sandwiches to the beach, and they really were SANDwiches. Thered be sand all over them. But sure youd eat them anyway…’

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

That’s a great auld yarn

1 Like

Ah lovely :clap::clap::clap:

Simpler times… Shur you can’t get them off the computer games now to go and expose themselves.

2 Likes

He did a great job on it. He had a great way with the common man and woman.

Can you imagine the outrage from the forum simpletons if rte asked a few questions

4 Likes

:smile: :clap: Felt like I was there myself

Our family ‘holidays’ consisted of one day a year at one of the following seaside locations:

Bunmahon
Annstown (list ends)

The brother and I would be shipped up to Loughmore/Templemore for two weeks to help with the turf harvesting. The highlights would be a hike up the Devils Bit, swimming in the Training college pool (12ft in the deepend) and the promise to drive the tractor in the bog. Never got to drive the tractor…

2 Likes

Annstown was a favourite of the fathers. No pub or amusements. A classic Protestant village. There still is no pub there. There might have been a shop in Annstown but it was at the other end of the village and the father could give it a swerve.

Bunmahon was more honky tonk and had pubs, take aways and primeval amusements. The sea also had a wicked undertow there and I nearly drowned there once when I got pulled under. The father dragged me out.

Agree with all that. Never in his life would the auld boy bring us to Tramore, the cost of it!

Annstown was perfect for us when we were young as it was a small ‘beach’ that we could be all watched. But when we got older we copped how rocky it was so we went to Bunmahon after that. We knew all about the under currents too, we were well warned.

1 Like

Are you leaving out the weekly jaunt up the country in July?

1 Like

Major pain in the ass Falvey - 2 for 1 there

1 Like

This is a magnificent filleting of RTE here

3 Likes

That’s the sort of critique we should be getting from a national newspaper. None of the British publications whether rags or not would be afraid to go after the bbc

3 Likes

How are broadsheet still going

Mairegangaire from Clarehurlers that is.

2 Likes

From tfk you mean?

1 Like

She was a writer in fairness. Gone a while now.

15 years of tfk. What a waste of life.

3 Likes