The 2010 January Transfer Window Thread

This looks like a serious nosedive for Robbies career,he might as well move to those Shamrock people altogether he could live at home save himself a few quid.

:rolleyes:

Landon Donovan on his way to Everton in January…

Jesus Everton are really scraping the barrel.

Wouldn’t be the best move in the world if only for the standard of football up in Scotland is shit. But he would score loads and it didn’t do Craig Bellendthemoneychasingcunt any harm when he went up for the few months.

A man who has spent millions on charitable projects in Sierra Leone. He deserves massive respect. :guns:

He’s a cunt, end of!

Morten Gamst Pedersen linked with Celtic today. (Norwegian Link)

And Ki Sung-Yong has signed for 4 years.

CELTIC Football Club is delighted to announce that South Korean Internationalist, Ki Sung Yueng, has agreed a contract for up to four years with the club and will join Celtic on January 1 2010.

The player was granted the required work permit on Friday and is expected to join up with the squad towards the end of December.

Ki, aged just 20, has recently been named the Asian Young Player of the Year and has made 17 international appearances, playing in every game in South Korea’s World Cup qualifying campaign on route to qualification for South Africa 2010.

Ki Sung Yueng commented: “I am absolutely delighted to sign for Celtic, a football club with a tremendous history and one which is known throughout the world.

“I know that Celtic has some of the best supporters in the world and I will be doing all I can to show these fans what I can do and give everything as part of a team which will aim to achieve more and more success.

“When I lived in Australia, my football coach there was a Celtic supporter and through him I really became interested in the club.

“It is now a dream come true for me to join this great club - already, Celtic has shown me a tremendous welcome and I really do now feel part of the Celtic family. I look forward to teaming up with my new manager and team mates and I will be working hard towards achieving all I can for Celtic.”

Celtic Manager Tony Mowbray is delighted with the player’s capture, adding: “We are very pleased to announce the signing of Ki and we are sure he is a player who has the potential to make an impact at Celtic.

“We have watched the player in action already and believe that he has some real qualities. He is a young man, but someone who we believe has the ability and character to do well for the club. We will be doing all we can to ensure that he can fulfill his potential at Celtic.”

Celtic’s Chief Executive commented: “Celtic looks forward to welcoming Ki Sung Yueng to Scotland, we are sure he is someone who will be a positive addition to the squad.

“The Celtic Board will continue to do all that it can to support Tony’s plans in terms of strengthening the squad.”

http://www.celticfc.net/NetFrame_Client/1_0_0/Pages/DisplayImage.aspx?resourceID=c093563f-1983-4a32-aa97-530ce98541ac

Liverpool being linked with a 6 million pound move for Scott Parker…

Would be a stupid move - not a bad player but getting on, injury prone and slowing down due to the effect of his various injuries.

fuck off

Sky Sports News understands that David Bentley wants to leave Tottenham in January.

witj understands that bandage is a tool

Was it Andy reporting that nugget?

Liverpool linked to Scott Parker.

:eek:

from skysports.com

Bayern Munich are ready to cut their loses on Luca Toni and let the Italian leave the club for free in January.

The powerful striker, who is thought to interest West Ham, has been at loggerheads with his coach Louis van Gaal all season.

Bayern president Uli Hoeness has clearly grown exasperated by the situation and is ready to do everything he can to ensure his departure.

“We still don’t have a concrete offer, although we are prepared to loan or sell him for no fee,” Hoeness told German TV show DFS-Doppelpass.

Toni, who joined Bayern from Fiorentina in 2007, has started just three Bundesliga games this term and his only goal of the campaign has come in the DFB Pokal.

Hoeness added: “If necessary we will not ask for a transfer fee. We want to have peace.”

The striker was not in the match-day squad as Bayern claimed a 5-2 win over Hertha Berlin on Saturday to make it six wins in a row.

Crisis over
That run suggests the club’s early-season crisis is well and truly behind them, and Van Gaal insists the best is yet to come.

Bayern’s resurgence has been achieved without Franck Ribery, whom Van Gaal insists can take Bayern onto the next level when he returns from injury in January.

“With Franck Ribery, we can probably do even better,” said the Bayern coach.

“And, if we do better than we have done in recent weeks, then we also have good chances of winning a title.”

Bayern trail league leaders Bayer Leverkusen by only two points at the midway stage of the season while they look forward to a tie with Fiorentina in the last 16 of the Champions League, with Van Gaal’s self-defined “holistic process” now beginning to yield results.

“I am very satisfied and happy, also about the way we won,” added the Dutchman.

“That is how we at Bayern Munich always want to play and we can now celebrate a relaxed Christmas.”

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Liverpool linked to Scott Parker.

:eek:[/quote]

rafa spotted his potential years ago…:smiley:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrqiFBJ7Np4

Celtic have bid for Matthew Kilgallon according to the Scottish red tops. :rolleyes:

Another piece of tabloid muck:

LIVERPOOL are tracking Aiden McGeady with a view to an 8million January swoop for the Celtic ace.

Hoops legend and Kop ambassador Kenny Dalglish was at Motherwell for Celtic’s 3-2 win last weekend - and he wasn’t at Fir Park just to watch his former club. SunSport understands the Anfield giants have been eyeing the on-form wide man all season.

Dalglish first became aware of the Republic of Ireland star while he was director of football at Parkhead in 2000 and McGeady was a highly-rated 14-year-old in the youth team.

Ever since Scotland idol Dalglish has closely monitored McGeady’s progress to first team stardom.

Now he’s been keeping tabs for under-pressure Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez who knows he badly needs to add creativity. McGeady is also being chased by Birmingham City while Spurs and Bayern Munich have also had him watched over the last year.

Celts boss Tony Mowbray has stated repeatedly that the 23-year-old is not for sale and is a major part of his future plans.

But there is a growing belief that on McGeady’s current form the Hoops board will have to deal with at least one massive bid.

deegan is the 1st to jump ship:D - has gone to coventry

Nani looks like he is on his way out of United with Di Maria joining in the next few weeks…Van Der Sar will be missing for another while, his wife had a brain hemerage