The A league thread

Some finish

Galekovic surely motm. 3 top saves and an assist

Andy Keogh won’t be playing finals football.
Brisbane Roar might be though @The Selfish Giant

Yeah what is the story. Salary cap breach

Victory losing 1-0 to Newcastle here in the 58th minute, quite funmy really, Newcastle have had one shot on goal.

Last home game of the season tomorrow evening for our beloved Mariners. It will be a big one against WSW. Completely meaningless game, but it’s always fun to have our ethinically mixed brothers visit us and always a big crowd.
It’s also John Hutchinson’s last home game before retirement. A legend, the only player from the very first A League season 10 years ago still playing for the club.
He probably should have gone after the historic 2013 grand final victory, he’s been largely useless since. But we love him and he rubs up opposing fans, the scum absolutely fucking hate him, which is amusing to watch when they visit, as he thrives on it. Vale to your career Hutch, he’ll be the Mariners coach soon. I’m sure the footballing community in Malta, who he represented 11 times is also in mourning.

Melbourne Victory. The biggest club in the A League. The biggest support, the most members, the most successful (they’re not actually, but anyway), the best players, the most depth of any squad. The big show. The club Sydney fc want to be. Breathtaking to watch at times.
So why the fuck do they play football like they really, actually don’t want to win the A League?

Yeah tonight was a prime example of that. Afraid to win at times. I’ve watched them a lot this season and they miss some amount of chances each game.

How was the game Saturday night @Fitzy . Heard 10,000 showed up and a win also for his last game.
That reminds me actually, on the way up to Terrigal last year, on an end of season trip and got off at Gosford train station. Stopped into a bar beside the station as we were waiting for boys on the next train, holy fuck it was some rough joint. Just down the road from the stadium.

Who wins from here. Sydney have been in great form and look in good shape. Looks set for a big blue final. Will the final be in Melbourne if it’s a big blue as victory finished top or how does it work?

Sorry @Loko Cove havemt had a chance to reply to you.
Shaping up as a good game in Adelaide. I’d like to see Adelaide win the whole thing, but I think they’re a bit too soft. I just really hope Victory and that uber cunt muscat dont win it, but they probably will.

Btw - @The Selfish Giant
Brisbane 1-1 Adelaide after 43 mins in the first eliminatiOn final

[QUOTE=“Fitzy, post: 1131764, member: 236”]Btw - @The Selfish Giant
Brisbane 1-1 Adelaide after 43 mins in the first eliminatiOn final[/QUOTE]

:eek:

Cracking breakaway goal there by the exciting Mabil, Adelaide 2-1 up in the 89th

Adelaide win to play Sydney next week.
Brisbane are playong well and going very well in the ACL, they play in that again on Tuesday.

International man of mystery, Tomi Juric has announced on his Facebook that tonight will be his last game for WSW.

He’ll probably come out claiming a frape when nobody else wants him.

I really hate Melbourne Victory and dislike Kecin Muscat even more. But you just cannot ignore the feel good factor of an Archie Thompson goal. His enthusiasm is infectious, like watching a 7 year old play really good football and loving it. He’s 43 ffs.
50000 plus at Etihad tonight for an inevitable result. Hope that’s not a long term injury to AarOn Mooy, surely the Alex Tobin winner this season.
Tomorrow night will be a cracking game.

They played very well in fairness. Great crowd at the game and a good atmosphere. Should be another big crowd tonight in Allianz. Hopefully Sydney win as a big blue final will be great for the aleague, massive hype and a full house.
Yeah I agree on mooy. Has been excellent all season. Koren was a big disappointment.

Entertaining fare at Allianz stadium, tempered somewhat by the state of the pitch after the rugby league neanderthals last nighy (ffs, who is scheduling these things?).
Brilliantly taken goal by the brilliant Bernie Ibini. Sydney will be very lucky to finiah with 11 men.

Adelaide can’t handle Ibini. That was Zola-esque from Brosque :clap: