The Anti Rugby Football Thread Pt 2

This from the tactical genius who thought it’d be a good idea to let la Rochelle score a try to put them in the lead with seven minutes remaining.

It happens in the nfl.

With Leinster likely getting the ball back with a man advantage I’d have fancied them at a minimum to get three points with 6 or 7 minutes left.

Leinster got overpowered in recent losses to LR and Sarries. All the tactics in the world aren’t much good when the opposition have more behemoths that can get over the gain line. Leinster/Ireland’s best ball carriers are powderpuff in comparison.

Leinster wouldn’t be guaranteed the ball back from their own kick off. 50/50 at best. If LaR got possession, theyd have seen it out.

It’s all equal know but I thought it would be worth the risk. Particularly given barnes was giving them plenty of penalties.

Less risky option I’d have thought would have been counter-ruck in numbers particularly after a chop tackle. They’ve some great ball winners but were reluctant in case theyd overcommit and leave space somewhere else I think.

Dan Leavy sorely missed in those situations.

1 Like

I don’t believe they’d one turnover in the game which is incredible.

Pretty telling if that’s true. They’ve usually plenty lads capable of steals. Their hookers, prop and all backrowers and centres all usually well capable of getting one or more a game. Even that wanker on the wing is good for one

Ger gilroy and joe mollify are seething.

Gilroy now agitating for sexton to be a sub and come at half time. Saying he’s too important to not have on the pitch at the end.

Couldn’t possibly see how that could go wrong at all :rofl:

Both gilroy and molloy suggesting rog is know too big for club rugby and is a candidate for the English job.

He’s coming back to Munster lads.

Both also suggesting it’s terrible for Ireland and Andy Farrell.

Is the loss not pretty bad for Ireland and Andy Farrell? Was that not 13 of his Irish team beaten by a club team, surely that’s a worry?

2 Likes

Leinster should enter the 6 nations.

No because if he was in charge they’d have won.

Leinster need more ballast in the pack

You can have all the X factor/dancing feet/good hands/ability to turn on the afterburners in the world on the wings but you needed a few grizzled forwards ( your Brad Thorns and the likes)

1 Like

Leaving Ryan Baird and larmour off the 23 was a poor call too.

Joe McCarthy and Frawley aren’t really going to change a game for you.

1 Like

Is that not something for the players on the field to identify rather than needing Cullen to tell them? That’s why Nacewa was such an important cog when he was there, Irish players just don’t seem to have an ability to react to what is unfolding in games.

1 Like

That’s nonsense. They needed the players on the field to sort themselves out. Sexton is past it and James Ryan doesn’t have it. I don’t think they’ve anyone else come up with a big play when needed and turn a game. Peter O’Mahony might have or Beirne even maybe?

I think on the field it can be difficult to see things particularly when it is that tense.

Surely to god you get a message on to sexton to start trying cross field kicks to open things up. They regularly try it with Ireland.

Ryan is a good player but has had a lot of injuries.

Very rare that Leinster didn’t have one turn over which would be a strong point of beirnes game.

I don’t rate Conan tbh. He’s not a great player.

There’s a lot of very good young forwards in Ireland so I wouldn’t be overly concerned.

Definitely. Also hard to do it off the back foot which they were on a fair bit without their usual demolition of the opposition breakdown.

ROG took a calculated risk on slowing down the ball by any means necessary lazy runners, slow rolling away etc…and securing their own with extra bodies… If it hadn’t worked they could have been destroyed.

1 Like