The Anti Rugby Football Thread Pt 2

Coombes will be ahead of him soon. Coombes takes about 2 seasons from starting at a level before dominating. Seen it at AIL and URC. Better player. Conan is a class act. Dont start me on POM

Donā€™t get your dislike for POM. Heā€™s on the edge of being pushed out by better players coming through, but heā€™s been playing great, he comes up with big moments again and again, he leads and drives teams on. Heā€™s exactly what Leinster are missing.

1 Like

Hes a liability. Brain dead penalties and decisions time and time again. A big fist pump for the newspapers and joe dot ie keeps him in the public hearts

1 Like

Well thatā€™s a slightly different point.

Irish rugby has copied a lot of the New Zealand system but the big difference is after every World Cup there is a clear out of players. Even top internationals head to Japan for a season or two.

Ireland would be better off if say Murray and sexton were abroad and Crowley, harry Byrne and Casey were starting week in week out.

Munster are terrible for it. Hanging onto average players and blocking young talent from developing.

Shane Daly is a good example. Basically got no time in his position. He simply wonā€™t develop.

Every time kleyn or Jenkins start ahead of Thomas ahern itā€™s a joke. He needs to play.

Leinster have a lot of players in the Irish team so their young players will get plenty of opportunities.

Itā€™s tricky for Farrell. I think over 30s should be allowed go abroad or 50 caps and still be selected for Ireland.

Thereā€™s a bottle neck of talent in many of the provinces.

Harry Byrne has a chance of starting in New Zealand now because sexton will be rested surely and heā€™s better than Ross.

3 Likes

I finally agree with something you have said. Its been a massive issue for years. The IRFU also giving central contracts to players past their peak when there is better younger players behind them has cost us a lot when it mattered RWC QFs

2 Likes

Earls getting another year just because itā€™s coming up to a WC is a joke, heā€™s nearly 35 great player but his time is up

1 Like

Shouldnt have been given one after the last RWC. Either should have sexton. Best was the only exception over the last 15 years by my count who had a decent world cup after dragging out a career to another RWC

1 Like

Imagine if Crowley was in La Rochelle for the last two years.

Thatā€™s what Is catching Ireland out.

He didnā€™t show much ambition

1 Like

He had the chance to go and be tutored by ROG what was the worst that could happen? Absolute madness turning it down. Was no way he was gonna be getting more chances at munster who you correctly said donā€™t give enough time to young talentā€¦ And he has plenty talent

1 Like

No system isnā€™t allowing him or encouraging him to leave.

Itā€™s nothing to do with a players ambition.

Who actually owns the aviva ? I heard from a lad that they nearly own all the houses behind the shit end.

Would they have the money to make a proper stadium out of it? Is there even a will to do it? And was the stadium built with the idea of expanding it? It looks fairly finished to me.

They own fuckall of those houses from my understanding

1 Like

I could have been sold a complete pup tbf Iā€™d know nothing about it.

Owned by irfu but leased long term to a company owned 50 50 by irfu and fai

Yes one tenant would anyway
Yes
Yes

1 Like

The Aviva is a grand stadium. Needs no more done to it.

1 Like

I think they own a few but have defo heard from locals that thereā€™s no hope theyā€™ll buy enough to add another tier to the small end. Those homeowners are not short a few bob either.

Was their any blue print what a fully finished stadium would look like?