The Anti Rugby Football Thread Pt 2

Informative rating.

First ever all-South African final in the Celtic League.

Probably for the best that Ulster lost otherwise the organisers would have had a tricky task organising a neutral venue.

Neither Nigeria nor Ghana is rugby country.

4 Likes

Final would have been in ravenhill just to sicken ulster further

Joberg now I think?

Cape Town.

Ronan O’Gara’s Stade Rochelais dumped out of the race for the Bouclier de Brennus there by Ugo Mola’s Stade Toulousain. A couple of late tries put a gloss on the scoreboard but they were outclassed.

1 Like

The Celtic fellas may have made a grave error letting the Saffers into their sandbox

1 Like

Toulouse have been in poor form this season but they looked good there tonight. LAR looked bollixed

They secured Heineken cup rugby next season did they not?

These June games are needed to keep players paid. More gym monkeys running into each other causing all sorts of long term side effects. @Thomas_Brady was right about the professional game.

2 Likes

Who pal?

Amazing Big Trevor did so well in France they named the trophy after him

1 Like

La Rochelle

They did as champions anyway I’m sure

Lovely article in the Sunday Times recalling the 1992 test match when a patched up Ireland came agonisingly close to a historic win in New Zealand.

The hosts scored 59 points the following week against the brave visitors

similar happened in 2012. Ireland got beaten by a late penalty or something and the following week got annihilated by 60 points. I think Paul O’Connell had been out injured for most of the season and had come back late in the season for Munster. Ireland though it wise at the time to bring him down to NZ for a 3 test tour to get the shit kicked out of him.
That’s my recollection of it anyway.

I remember it as possibly the first time I’d seen the all blacks playing live on TV. It was on rte I’d say. A fella called vinny cunningham did wreck and never did much other than that game

Ya we lost 60-0 I’m fairly sure. I think heaslip got sent off.

Was that the same tour that Mushy Buckley ran over Richie Mccaw?

It’s Covid really. The URC needs to cut one playoff round though.