The Anti Rugby Football Thread Pt 2

What?

The garryowen was a big part of rugby union in the 80s in other team’s 22s and inside the 10.

This was not as big in the 90s due to changes in the game.

It was a feature of league in attack play from the 60s due to the introduction of limited tackles.

When league coaches and players came into rugby in the early 2000s, this feature came into rugby in a big way.

I don’t know why this bothers you so much, if you have a specific point about the point then make it. It looks to me like a little boy here who is very upset for being called out.

an aggressive kick for a try :smiley:

As opposed to a gentle kick for a laugh?

Yes.

You could be kicking for the corner to hand over possession but increase pressure, like O’Gara in the early 2000s often would and you still see today. Barrett had a lovely one there at the weekend.

A different style would be a cross field kick or an aggressive grubber.

https://youtu.be/TFzsk_wk2Dw

League has these in amundance. Union tried many of these tactics when the league invasion happened.

Anything else there Esteban that you would like to deflect away on?

No mate, you’ve dug through old posts and pulled out youtube videos, I think you’ve tried hard enough for one evening.

Let’s take a sabbatical and I look forward to discoursing with you on such matters again in the future.

1 Like

I think rugby is a shit sport followed by gimps who just want to be seen. I object to the spiritualisation of sex and money, I don’t think sport should be contaminated by a desire for social mobility. But I’m happy the Irish toffs beat the Kiwi toffs. We have superior toffs. What’s insecure about that?

2 Likes

What?

I responded to a specific post about rugby league and union.

You’re still here, posting away about rugby.

You seem to be obsessed with social class.

Is the lads wearing Canterbury tracksuit bottoms around UCD still upsetting you?

4 Likes

It’s fascinating, genuinely how wound up a few lads are about this game. Like it’s a pivotal moment in their lives

Ireland won fellas, how bad can it possibly be, please don’t allow yourself a nervous breakdown over it, that’d be really silly

1 Like

Yes.

I wont correct your grammar because I’m not a gimp. I’ll play the ball not the man.

You also asked @anon78624367 what annoyed him about women following rugby. @anon78624367 has allowed me to answer on his behalf:
How many of the wimin give a fuck about watching women’s sports? These ladies’ lives centre around getting the attention of wealthy men. I find this spiritually vacuous. I think they’re mostly uninteresting to talk to. Their lives lack a moral centre. They are sheep. They just have the opinions the mejia tells them to have. It’s like a fad diet or something for them.
These are the exact same over-educated, middle-class snowflakes who will bitch about the patriarchy and think it sounds smart. Nothing to do with them spending hours putting on make-up to watch the rugby and ignoring women’s sports. This is all men’s fault.

1 Like

This is awfully peculiar behaviour, lads with such insecurity they are reading an anti-rugby thread just to upset themselves. When the Irish soccer team go on glorious runs that enrapture the nation no fan thinks to go on anti-football threads desperately seeking validation, they are too busy living the experience. Ireland have beaten the All-Blacks and the captain has been awarded an OBE, there will never be a week of validation like it again for true rugby lovers so just enjoy it.

2 Likes

Thanks Ewan wise words.

1 Like

I’ll allow you answer on my behalf mate.

But that wasn’t the question and it wasn’t directed at me.

The question he asked another poster was, is it because women like professional rugby players that he doesn’t like the sport? Which is bizarre. He seems to think professional rugby players are handsome and the fact that someone’s wife or girlfriend watches the sport makes them a cuckold.

But your answer was good, so fill your boots

1 Like

sad to say but I agree , the scummy soccer crowd seem to have gotten to @Tim_Riggins

there’s a twist to come in you mate. I can sense it.

Like an M. Night. Shyamalan movie

You take terrible offence to people disliking rugby Tim. Globally it’s not popular apart from in a few Commonwealth countries. Not sure why you’re so touchy. It’s not popular for a number of reasons.

It’s amazing, he’s an admired poster of mine, but I don’t believe I’ve ever seen him as rattled

You sound like a Fedora wearing incel.

“Why don’t women like things I want them to like???”

1 Like

I don’t mate.

People don’t like a sport, that’s fine with me. Most of those people I don’t have to engage with though as they aren’t so obsessed with talking about it.

Of the people watching tv on Saturday during the game, 40 odd percent were not watching the game (on RTÉ). More power to them if they don’t like or weren’t watching it.

You won’t see me ever dip my head into a hurling thread to discuss the game.
You won’t hear me talk about the style of play and it’s impact on injuries.
You won’t hear me talk about the players. I genuinely could not name one Limerick player, I don’t take any pride in that, that’s just the way it is. I could not give a fuck.

I enjoy talking about Irish sporting history, facilities and tv ratings, so I will pop in to talk about the GGA then.

1 Like

ahem

40% weren’t watching the game?

you have the figures for Netflix , Sky Atlantic etc?

We need to be watertight with our arguments mate or the scummy soccer crowd will have a field day. - ggggggggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

1 Like