The Anti Rugby Football Thread Pt 2

Correct. Club members don’t have the time to be going to Dublin to matches

1 Like

Pick a game and treat yourself. Youll get a weekly fix and one or two days out in lansdown road. What more do you want really? None of those players there would be in a green jersey without a club

If you were on Cork any weekend UCC were playing you’d get great entertainment for a tenner.

Free if you still had a studdnt card. Mine eventually lost the laminate at the front :sleepy:

1 Like

See Oli Jager taking step closer to playing for the AB’s.

A Limerick based friend of mine was telling me that a Munster rugby player could be in a spot of bother in short. He showed me a pic not sure what player it was and I identified him. Let’s just say he’d be of a similar vintage and province of birth to the current London Irish out-half.

Edit: I see it was shared on the Munster thread a couple of weeks ago.

Ffs it was in the papers lad

:thinking::thinking::thinking:

A scapegoat?

Don’t think so. Pretty big scandal apparently

Ok, but physicians sending players back to play after multiple concussions are hardly exempt from responsibility. Is / was this guy the authoritative voice on the subject? Or a handy citation to now hide behind?

I’d say a bit of A and a bit of B

1 Like

Wasps gone to the wall as well.

The model seems to be broken over there

Dj Khaled GIF

1 Like

Wasps a very successful club as well… They had moved their base around a few times but moving from London to Coventry was a death knell. Massive debt and no crowds a poor combination.

2 Likes

It would appear to be unsustainable at current levels, unless the millionaires keep pumping in the dough

They seem to have disappeared iro ÂŁ50 million somehow. Issuing a 7% bond when the base rate was 0.5% seems suspiciously nuts.

1 Like

Not unlike most large scale professional sports these days.

1 Like

The club model independant of the unions is reliant on fools with loads of money. France has that but much bigger TV deals. For 10 plus years here the provinces demise has been predicted for various reasons etc too much debt, can’t compete with UK and France etc etc etc… With the income from international game in background they can make it work

I’d say the RFU must be under serious financial pressure as well to say they haven’t tried to leverage this to own advantage even though most of rest of clubs would resist it strongly

1 Like

They’ve gotta tell the lads, 100k p/a, whatever else ye can generate yerselves.

Gate receipts and TV can cover that.