The Anti Rugby Football Thread Pt 2

A proper quisling bastard

1 Like

My oul’ fella liked to refer back occasionally to one time when George Hamilton was commentating on a Scotland-England rugby match. I think it was the 1991 World Cup semi-final.

Hamilton remarked after God Save The Queen: “noticeable that some of the Scottish players were singing there too”.

1/50 the Hastings brothers were two of them. Gavin Hastings had a missed penalty in that match which was Don Fox-esque. But at least Don Fox had the excuse he was playing on a waterlogged pitch and didn’t miss deliberately. Hastings booted the ball about five yards wide.

2 Likes

‘A pub with a match on in the background’: Readers’ views on rugby internationals at the Aviva Stadium – The Irish Times?

reading that you can see that
a) rugby fans are quite moany
b) they like to blame others for the crap atmosphere

3 Likes

Joey Carbery left out of the Irish Six Nations squad

:astonished:

Big call but you’d have to say he’s been vulnerable for a while - getting in there more because no one was really putting on the pressure behind and has never fully convinced imho.

It’ll be a right shot across the bows for all the players though. Don’t take it for granted.

He’s probably been doing better for Munster now than he has all along.

That game v Leinster in the Aviva prob sealed his fate. Missed very kickable penos and did not play well

Very unlike the people in charge of Rugby to milk something to the point of harm

When they started interviewing managers during the game there wasn’t much left to go

1 Like

OOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:

That Hastings uucoam is also a quisling better together uncle Tom uucoam.

I was at that the year before Covid. Some rare sights in the portacabin toilets. There was nearly a crush in the beer tent too. A great day out all the same though.

100k is some shit money

1 Like

https://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2023/0202/1353456-munsters-roman-salanoa-drafted-into-ireland-squad/
Since when did Hawaii become one of the four proud provinces?

Yesterday mate

Cracking game on between Wales and Ireland U20. Match is on Colwyn Bay. @Cheasty , wasn’t there a game or two held there in the 1991 Rugby WC? Western Samoa maybe

I don’t know, mate.

But the train from Holyhead to London used to stop there along with such other North Wales hotspots as Bangor, Llandudno Junction, Conwy, Rhyl and Prestatyn, if that’s any help.