The Anti Rugby Football Thread Pt 2

What’s the joke here?

I think it’s nice that you have saved multiple grainy photos of your trip to the Aviva Stadium, you must have been very excited to take a dangerous picture of an underground car park. Whether it was going on a guided tour, a corporate gig or even a game I am not sure why driving is being put forward as flash. Impressive to the likes of @myboyblue I guess.

1 Like

You may hand him the win here Tim.

1 Like

You are absolutely seething.

Eh? I’ve been in the underground car park and all over the Aviva. I didn’t think it was so exciting to take pictures an underground car park. It seems to the simple things excite a few lads on here.

It was a great shot though and really put the cap on whatever point it was that was being made. You’d have to agree.

That you went on a guided tour there? Did you get a picture of you and the fam scrumming down?

Guided tour.

Google photo.

You were never in the Aviva.

Sigh.

A picture of a parking ramp and a door that he seems to have saved as something special? Impressive in Laois I guess.

You got very defensive when I called out the Aviva as a shit hole. You took a shot. You missed.

Yes mate. You seemed to think that having public transport integrated into the stadium was backwards when it is a cornerstone of any modern stadium ffs.

Do you find mass sprawling car parks impressive or something? Yourself and @myboyblue seems to have a 1950s mentality here.

1 Like

You’d be crazy to park there when you could drive in like @TheUlteriorMotive did.

I wonder does he have skin in the game here, tis only an aul stadium. Croke Park isn’t that impressive either like.

1 Like

You said it was a shithole because there was public transport there and that there was a level crossing. I pointed out that public transport is a cornerstone of what designers want in modern stadiums outside of LA and there is a tunnel.

I will take GGA man @BruidheanChaorthainn’s view on Croke Park here.

1 Like

That and the poor ratio of toilets to beer bloated bladders you find at a rugby international

The Aviva Stadium is a fine stadium. It is elite European standards, something Croke Park is not.

It doesn’t mean it’s my favourite. Of the stadiums I’ve been to I would say that Jerry’s World is the most impressive, that is next level though the driving culture is annoying. That was the first of this modern wave of stadiums. The brand new Allianz Stadium in Sydney that opened last year I found to be super impressive. I am also looking forward to getting to Tottenham’s new stadium for the European final next year. As far the old times stadiums, you can’t go wrong with Fenway or Wrigley that have been done up. It is hard to say what drives my overall favourites as there are different factors from the quality of the facilities to the location that helps that. For me of the ones still standing on this earth;

1. Wrigley Field - location, history, quality of refurb
  2. Jerry’s World- a cathedral
  3. Michigan Stadium - the Big House on game day is like nothing else
  4. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane - a proper rectangle stadium, ideal for both codes of rugby
  5. Fenway Park- history, location, quality of refurb
  6. Stade Veldedrome - perfect
  7. Notre Dame Stadium- history, tradition, touchdown Jesus
  8. The Rec, Bath- location and a charming shithole
  9. Lords - the home of cricket
  10. Aviva- sneaks into my top 10 given the location. There are few better located stadiums in the world. Facility wise it is on a par with the likes of the Emirates and Wembley

So my top 10 has a variety of different factors. Apparently an underground car park made @TheUlteriorMotive swoon about the Aviva but each to their own I guess.

1 Like

I’ve never had an issue at corporate level. You seem to have at whatever level you were let into, put it into the suggestions box next time you’re there for a corporate shindig.

I wouldn’t have been to as many stadia as you but Lords is out on its own as far as I am concerned. The Oval is a grand spot as well.

It’s obviously a tricky one in that you’re there for different purposes. I only took in a Test match there and all that goes with it. I’m sure a T20 game would be different. I’m sure cricket man @ChairmanDan would have some thoughts.

I was there for a one day international in 2005 part of the great Australian tour that year. Been at multiple test matches in the Oval.
Centre Court in Wimbledon is also a smashing venue.

1 Like