The Anti Rugby Football Thread Pt 2

I’ve never been. Just did the outside courts one year, it’s on the list. Arthur Ashe stadium is nice but oppressive NYC heat at that time of year. Tennis venues seem to be good for hosting other events too.

Won tickets in the international ballot one year. Front row centre court. Second Monday. Unreal.

4 Likes

Millennium stadium is some stadium based upon location, size and atmosphere.

2 Likes

You are correct. Shouldn’t over overlooked it.

:grinning::grinning::grinning:

Deflection away from the disgraceful state of croke park

I posted that story in a tale from days of yore.

I don’t follow sports stadiums as a some supporter of same.

tis great entertainment altogether when the blueshirt rugger buggers fall out :smiley:

Taxi or maybe bus for @TheUlteriorMotive

Are you comparing a ground in Carlow to the “world class” Aviva. :grinning::grinning:

I can hardly drive in under the stadium in Carlow Ffs sake

Your original moan on the toilets being closed in the Aviva was around lack of equality

Correct.

Carla :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

That and it being a lemonade stand operation. Which you’ve accepted by saying the toilets in the world class Aviva are on a par with this

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

It’s gotta cool tunnel I guess

IMG_8663

Is this another figment of your imagination pal

The day the laughter died.

From The Indo.

Donncha O’Callaghan has revealed he was a victim of the failed Custom House Capital which saw over 200 people duped out of millions of euro.

The former Munster and Ireland rugby star admitted that it was a “hard lesson” for him personally.

Custom House Capital (CHC) was a boutique investment firm that built up a base of nearly 2,000 clients and €1.2bn in assets under management during the Celtic Tiger.

Four executives of the collapsed firm were jailed on Friday for their roles in a “highly organised” and “sophisticated” operation to defraud investors in the firm over a decade ago.

The court heard that over €61m in client funds were found to have been “misappropriated”.

Judge Orla Crowe noted the vast bulk of CHC’s clients were saving for their retirement and many of the victims had suffered “significant financial losses”.

Speaking on Sean O’Rourke’s new podcast, Insights with Sean O’Rourke, Mr O’Callaghan said the experience was a “massive lesson” for him.

“We spoke about how my mum had to scrap for every penny. I was probably involved with this time of Celtic Tiger, where money was so easy to get a hold of,” he said.

“I think it’s a real cop out to say I took bad advice. I look at that whole scenario and I look at myself in that time and I’m more disappointed with myself than anything else.

“I should have done more work, I should have been more self-aware. I personally blame no one bar myself. I was putting my money where I didn’t have knowledge – that is something I would absolutely never do anymore.

“You have to be accountable for your own actions.

“I’ll be honest, I was p*ssed off. I was also putting money in there at the prime of my career that could have sustained me if I had been putting it in smarter choices.”

Mr O’Callaghan did not disclose the exact amount he lost but said he was “maxing out my pension contribution”.

“It would have been over the course of maybe six years. A hard lesson but vital for me, you cannot offload responsibility for stuff like that,” he said.

“I know you need to take expert advice but you also, I know this sounds mad, but in a mad way I had a gut feeling before it and I wish I backed it.”

2 Likes

Fair play to him. Very honest.

8 Likes

He’s a great fella.

1 Like