The Anti Rugby Football Thread Pt 2

Agreed. Itā€™s a fucking shithole.

:popcorn:

Thatā€™s what they need alright another handful of broke teams with no fans

2 Likes

If theyā€™re going to do it, they need to get rid of the franchise/province thing and go back to the original clubs which actually resonated with supporters.

Iā€™d find it hard to Believe it wouldnā€™t be more attractive than playing the Irish teams.

I donā€™t know would they like Leinster going over and beating the piss out of them every week

Is rubby finally going under? The delayed effect of prolonged zero percent interest rates. Hoe inflation and minority sports gorging on professionalism. Once J Powell turned the ratchet last summer all manner of excesses started to see the other side of the slope

1 Like

Culturally, it actually finished when Andy Powell took that golf buggy and drove it down the motorway

3 Likes

Hijinks

1 Like

Paddy Jackson ruined the team Of us

1 Like

It would be more attractive to them in theory alright but there is fuck all evidence of spikes in attendance where English and Welsh clubs meet in Europe. The English couldnā€™t care about the Welsh being in or out .be a big deal to a cohort of the v small support base in Wales alright

But they have no business in the league if they canā€™t competeā€¦and they have no money to compete

The biggest factor in England last season was the fact all the Covid supports they got had to be repaidā€¦wasnā€™t the case in Ireland

Is Jalibert still as good as he was a few years ago @gilgamboa ? Ntamack obviously a loss but I thought he was brilliant in that 6 Nations

Rugby country

Iā€™ve a feeling the French could tank. They looked absolutely wrecked in the six nations.

Toulouse the same v Leinster.

Their league takes so much out of players I wondered did they benefit from the Covid period where there was less games.

I could be wrong but Iā€™m just not sure on them.

1 Like

He is a good player alright but a big step down IMO

Trying awfully hard.

Typing ā€˜Londonā€™ instead of ā€˜Saleā€™ is a hell of a typo! You had a vague recollection of London Irish making a final last year but in your haste to charge in here with your rubbish you forgot to check what final they made. Referring to Irish as ā€˜Londonā€™ though shows how little you know.
I see you have been told to stop being a pest in a number of threads now by different posters. Give that faulty keyboard a rest and do a bit more reading and less posting.

1 Like

English club rugby did not exist as a product until professionalism really.

Their big problem remains that they tried to be France and donā€™t have the finances for it.

1 Like

I literally posted about watching the game on here back in may you absolute guesser.