The Anti Rugby Football Thread Pt 2

You are the pest you odd ball.

Ya they definitely don’t have support.

Good piece in dallagios book about the start of the league.

Whats the long term solution for Pro Rubby? A super League in France with another European league ala the Munster v Leinster Championship might be the long term solution?

I’d say they’ll start with Hastoy.

1 Like

I’d agree with you. They looked spent against Scotland

Ireland (v Samoa):
(Province/Club/Caps)

1. Jimmy O’Brien (Leinster/Naas)(6)

2. Mack Hansen (Connacht/Corinthians)(15)

3. Robbie Henshaw (Leinster/Buccaneers)(64)

4. Stuart McCloskey (Ulster/Bangor)(13)

5. Keith Earls (Munster/Young Munster)(100)

6. Jack Crowley (Munster/Cork Constitution)(5)

7. Conor Murray (Munster/Garryowen)(106)

8. Cian Healy (Leinster/Clontarf)(124)

9. Tom Stewart (Ulster/Ballynahinch)(1)

10. Finlay Bealham (Connacht/Buccaneers)(31)

11. Iain Henderson (Ulster/Academy)(captain)(73)

12. Tadhg Beirne (Munster/Lansdowne)(40)

13. Ryan Baird (Leinster/Dublin University)(12)

14. Josh van der Flier (Leinster/UCD)(51)

15. Caelan Doris (Leinster/St Mary’s College)(30)

Replacements:

1. Rob Herring (Ulster/Ballynahinch)(36)
  2. Jeremy Loughman (Munster/Garryowen)(2)
  3. Tom O’Toole (Ulster/Ballynahinch)(10)
  4. James Ryan (Leinster/UCD)(54)
  5. Peter O’Mahony (Munster/Cork Constitution)(95)
  6. Craig Casey (Munster/Shannon)(11)
  7. Ross Byrne (Leinster/UCD)(20)
  8. Garry Ringrose (Leinster/UCD)(51).

Interesting he isn’t on bench for game v Aus this weekend. Looks like Ramos or Dupont is covering Jalibert

1 Like

There was commentary around the time that they were fatigues for the Ireland game and maybe on purpose. They’d had a good break before England then was it and blew them away. My takeaway was they’ll be fresh and won’t have that to deal with fatigue for the world cup and so will be levels above the team Ireland played in the six nations.

I don’t really think it matters tho what the French coach does with them.

The top 14 is a seriously tough competition.

France weren’t too fussed about the Six Nations. You could see it in lads like Ntamack that were only really getting interested when the TOP 14 Final was in the balance. They will dismember the kiwis in a few weeks.

Rugby is dying on its knees thank god. Unfortunately the fools here in Ireland can’t see that.

Ireland doing well at the World cup will be the equivalent of a taxi driver talking about having apartments in Bulgaria before the financial crash in 08/09.

3 Likes

Not sure what your saying here but is it correct you’re suggesting they threw the six nations game? A la the type of rumours you’d hear about davy Fitz doing a hard session the morning of a league match ?

V strong early positioning here from a member of the gahliban…fellas should take notes :smiley:

I was told they’d been doing hill sprints flat out the morning of the match.

Interesting. V interesting

I’d have preferred vdf get a week off entirely. We know what he’s made of and he’s going have huge impact on the dry track in France.

I don’t see the value in running him out for another week. More risk than return id have thought

3 Likes

I’d say he’ll have the week of the Romania match off.

Unlikely. France are pushing more homegrown players and reducing their salary cap which is a positive.

1 Like

I’d say a lot of people are unaware how popular rugby is in the south of France and how historic the top 14 is as well.

I’d say it’s akin to the Munster championship.

It’s absolutely huge.

3 Likes

France historically doesn’t have a box office association football league. England does. French club rugby takes up a lot of the slack left behind by the Farmers’ League. The Premier League leaves no slack and on top of that you have three other very well attended divisions. That’s the difference.