The Anti Rugby Football Thread Pt 2

Its the 4 year Irish Rugby cycle. We’re too far from the start of this one, but if you were to rewind 4 years, you’d remember how everyone felt going into the last WC.

IT WAS THE EXACT SAME.

The optimism was through the roof. There was no way we could fail to get to a semi final at least.

Every other teams form was shite.
We had the best manager.
Best preparation.
Best fans.
Best logistics.
Best outhalf (if a little injury prone and possibly undercooked)
Best lock.
Backrows coming out our arseholes (heh).

Fuck it we even had the best kit man.

It was identical, as it always has been. Irish Rugby is premium hype.

Lets see how it plays out this time Cotton.

2 Likes

Bookies have them third favs. Scotland are 4/1 to win that game.

Does anyone remember Carberry getting praised for kicking the ball out of play against Japan 4 years ago?

2 Likes

This guy fucked

The bookmakers aren’t always correct.

That’s for sure, but they are in this case. South Africa will bate them with their caps

What’s the basis for people talking about Scotland beating SA or Ireland? I don’t think they have any hope of either.

1 Like

I do think we are better off facing New Zealand in the 1/4s anyway. That would be some sort of victory for Ireland.

I wouldn’t really agree here. I’d give them a huge chance.

South Africa were hopeless against us last November and a few times this summer.

I’d give them a big chance of upsetting South Africa.

That then changes the Ireland v South Africa game into a straight Knock out tie for the boks.

That’s the sort of dynamic Ireland want to avoid imo.

You are then basically looking at 5 games in 5 weekends against the best teams. That’s a fair work load. You see last summer by the third test in New Zealand how many lads were crocked.

The injuries we will get will probably define our chances.

Just in case lads dont remember how bad, truly awfully bad it was 4 years ago, here are some beautiful highlights of the shit show. Including Rory McIlroy breaking his hole laughing at how bad they were at the 8.20 mark

If Porter stays fit they’ll win the group. I’m officially calling the Jocks beating the Boks too.

How many of the rugby set here have been frog splatted in your day?

Come on lads, out with it you shower of frog splatters.

You must have been fair drunk Friday night kid

On what basis do you think they might beat SA? I suppose they often have a good game in them and SA can be slow to get going? It’d be a huge upset though.

Injuries is the same for everyone really. Obviously there’s some players you can less afford to lose but we’re better set up to deal with them now I think. Hopefully we don’t get as many as under Schmidt now that the gameplan is no longer to put the head down and run directly into the nearest defender and get on the ground as fast as possible.

They are due a win against us in fairness

2 Likes

The lack of any hype in the media this time around should tell you all you need to know

1 Like

Would it be a really huge upset?

Again I wouldn’t really agree here at all.

Injuries aren’t the same for everyone.

Farrell has been picking from a small pool. He doesn’t rotate too often.

France have much more depth.

1 Like