The Anti Rugby Football Thread Pt 2

Christ I hope New Zealand win. And they are cunts too. And the worst type of cunts, rugby cunts

God bless Hayley Westenra, God bless Beauden Barrett and God Defend New Zealand.

4 Likes

Why :man_shrugging:

:wink:

3 Likes

We fucking did it!!!

7 Likes

Reset the 4 year clock.

We just need to find a 30 year old out half to try nurse to the next tournament

What we need at this stage is either some absolute gimme of a draw (and still no guarantees there) or else a whole phalanx of Caroline Currids

2 Likes

And we slag off the English soccer hype machine …

2 Likes

3 world cup semi finals Argentina have reached now and Ireland none. Quite a stark statistic. I knew the game was up at 2 stages. When one of panelists said Ireland wouldnt need to play their best game to win. Seemed in line with the mood of the nation. Bit of compacency. They should know by now there is no such thing as a bad All Black team on this stage. Secondly Sam Canes face before the game would have put a sense of foreboding in any Irish fan. Incredible performance. Not such a poor mans Richie McCaw any more it seems.

2 Likes

Society eventually levels off if there’s some semblance of intelligence involved. Bar possibly Israel.

Tonight’s loss was absolutely necessary and vital. It’s fucking brilliant.

People who latch onto sport who have never played it and are for some bizarre reason are afraid of their wives are the one of the more and clear and present dangers we have in the country we have.

8 Likes

Ireland needed this. It needed people dancing at the Glenageary roundabout.

1 Like

Rugby is a game for Soy Boys.

This forum has a lot of empty beaks on that front too…

What happened tonight was no surprise.

1 Like

Ryle Nugent, can you hear me?

4 Likes

I think yesterday was probably the last great hurrah for the anti-rugby lot but to be fair it has been some run. In all likelihood the next Irish team at a world cup won’t have a single ‘project player’, and while they were the only try-scorers last night in green jerseys it is likely to see an improvement in performance.
As well as that the number of contenders at each world cup continues to fall - Wales, Scotland and Australia are no longer producing players and are unable to recruit them either so Ireland failing to make the last 4 gets harder and harder. Australia in 2027 will see Ireland get past the last 8 for the first time in the world cups 40 year history - it’s a pity it couldn’t be a world cup closer to home so all the knowledgable supporters could be there with them for it.

3 Likes

In fairness in their last two world cups they were going to meet South Africa / New Zealand / France in their quarter final no matter what they done so they’ve been incredibly unlucky in the draw.

I don’t get the 1/4 final obsession with lads on here tbf but look how many easy draws other counties have gotten.

It seemed to be for the media.

1 Like

I don’t think this was a bottle job. I thought they put an enormous effort in but the media and pundits had them built up so much. Kearney said before the game that Ireland don’t even need to play to 100% to qualify, 90% will do. FFS. It may have been an only ok All Blacks team but they were never going to roll over. They always thought they were going to be playing Ireland in a quarter, just probably worked out different. This world ranking thing had got to people’s head.

2 Likes

New Zealand are like Kerry in football or Kilkenny in hurling.

They are always dangerous enough.

6 Likes