The Anti Rugby Football Thread Pt 2

Wanker

This was hardly a surprise to people?

They were favourites
They were number 1 in the world
They were playing against 14 men for 1/4 game
The crowd made it like a home game

Id lean towards bottle job more than heroic failures.

They will get to the semi in 4 years time on tje presumption thay wales scotland oz will still be shit but its disappointing for the older players who by all accounts are all sound fellows that they failed

15 Likes

Like awarded for the first half of your post. Disappointed that you provided some mitigation at the end

5 Likes

I reckon Australia will come like a train

1 Like

If we poach some NRL players we will be unstoppable

Harsh I think. We brought out the best of NZ and restored the rugby world order.

They’ve a great habit of peaking at the right times

1 Like

I’d say after the 2019 World Cup if you said Ireland would go on to have the four years they did people would have been shocked.

Ulster and Munster were rubbish. Leinster suffered a few bad defeats. Connacht were okish.

It looked certain Murray, sexton, furlong and Pom wouldn’t make this World Cup. We’d no full back and Farrell looked a little out of his depth.

If anything Ireland have absolutely overachieved results wise for the last four years compared to previous cycles.

1 Like

You’re over egging how desperate things were to make this seem a greater achievement. In truth it has been a massive missed opportunity sadly

True but thats completely mitigated by this failure

Given now the four provinces look to be actually going in a good direction Ireland can be a lot more positive going forward.

Failure is a bit harsh. They did much of what they could to put themselves in the best opportunity to beat a very average New Zealand side. The inability to promote a challenger to sexton however was catastrophic in the end

2 Likes

In 2019 Ulster made the quarter final in Europe, Munster the semi final and Leinster failed to defend their title by losing the final. I’m not sure what measure you are using here.

1 Like

Remind me mate who won the last turnover at a ruck?

That was pre the World Cup

2 Likes

They just can’t help themselves

Gilroy will be glorious viewing next week

4 Likes

You would think thatvthe actual team hate Gilroy at this stage

They should have learned after the not 1 english player would get onto the Irish team debacle

3 Likes