The Anti Rugby Football Thread Pt 2

It was Johnny Coen ffs.

Bullshit sure most of them don’t even know their own players.

1 Like

A worse class of cunt I’d say from the vitriol I witnessed towards David Clifford at this years All-Ireland final. Most of them probably aren’t even part of a GAA club.

1 Like

And it was only 6 years ago too. I was wracking my brain wondering if Joe Canning had “thrown” the ball to Shane Maloney for the winner in 2015.

That’s a great position to be in given how arrogant those two fan bases are. We really are on the up.

Well they have the trophies and knockout game wins to back up the arrogance.

Team 33
Some bogball game with a phantom goal (Louth?)

The reaction here pales into comparison. People were disappointed mostly, not sure why people would revel in that.

1 Like

Well they respect us now, which is a mile from where we were. Both the Kiwis and Saffers are absolute wankers about rugby.

We’ll end up competing with them on and off which is grand for those of us who grew up when Irish rugby was shite. I welcome the kind of Muldoon who used to rock up for the All Ireland semi finals for a bandwagon or whatever to spend their money on rugby. It’s inevitable the money will continue to flow as the GGA cannot compete in a world of mass media.

Being the best spud hockey team amongst the 6 counties that play it must be boring

I’d imagine the game will be outlawed in the next 24 months

Shane Burns on Radio 1 here and he can’t accept the defeat last week. Ireland made mistakes that they never make and NZ played better than they have in years. The draw set up is unfair to Ireland because England are shit and shouldn’t be in the semis. The presenter gave a few nice subtle digs to him.

2 Likes

You’re a gas man :rofl::rofl::rofl:

7 Likes

Ioane didn’t appear to have much respect for the guys

1 Like

Its in their heads

2 Likes

Neither did O’Mahoney in that critical Test Match series. Last week was the start to the road to redemption for them- winning a World Cup will get them probably halfway there.

You seem to be one of these new rugby fans yourself who can’t let go of the loss. It’s okay, we’ll go again.

Great to be doing it in the Test Match Series

Winning one in NZ is the pinnacle. The ABs will need a World Cup and Grand Slam Tour in Europe to make up.

The GGA has been dying since the 1980s. Success of the football team started it along with the growth in satellite television and the internet.

Things like the Dublin-Meath rigged replays, the back door system and Nordies putting their efforts into the game rather than bombing pubs gave it a bit a boost for a couple of decades. GGA Go, the split season and the rooral broadband plan will be the final nails in the coffin.

1 Like

Rob Kearney is a terribly boring pundit.

1 Like