The Anti Rugby Football Thread Pt 2

67k capacity too. Wouldn’t be an issue from quarters onwards in terms of Celtic nations (nor for hotels).

FOUR YEAR CYCLE
FOUR YEAR CYCLE
FOUR YEAR CYCLE!

You wouldn’t even need all of the Belfield Bowl :smiley:

1 Like

He’s dead right.

You want to win a World Cup.

Best way to do it is invest in all four provinces and keep producing high quality players.

Win today and win tomorrow.

1 Like

Best way to do it is to prioritise it and build towards it.

I don’t think the two are incompatible.

They’re not, but I’d try lean towards the WC every now and then, just for a change. The tickets will still sell for the 6N and Guinness series even if you’re dropping in a few lads to blood them against the big sides. These fellas are playing European Cup and league games, they’re not coming right out of AIL with Sundays Well into the Pairc de Princes like a Ken O Connell

2 Likes

This years WC squad was probably the deepest we’ve had yet - largely due to all the “blooding” that was carried out over the 4 yr cycle. Players like Keenan, Doris, Hansen, McCarthy, Casey, JGP, Lowe were all capped this cycle. I think there was a real effort to broaden the depth. On top of those that made it there were plenty that didn’t. That’s what you’d expect.

I’m not sure how you lean more towards a World Cup tbh

More whining that the goys didn’t get a bye to the semis?

Be nice to sort out that aging out half issue all the same.

Lovely stocking filler at a reasonable cost

Not sure much more could have been done realistically . They put a lot into Carbery and he got lots of game time . He didn’t kick on though.

He looked decent at the weekend albeit at a lower level. The ship has probably sailed for him at international level.

Munster as a whole were terribly coached until new management came in.

Your man van graan was a head case.

If he was sacked 12 months earlier which he should have been then Ireland probably would be in a World Cup final next Saturday.

2 Likes

:smile::smile:

1 Like

What’s so funny about that?

His first challenge at Munster will be getting the 10 jersey from Crowley. That should push both on though and whoever is starting there regularly will always be in Irish contention.

Carberry is such a poor passer. You can tell before he even catches the ball he’s going to pass it. He has great feet which allows him at a lower level to be effective but at international level the defenses are much too good for him.

It was such a huge mistake to let Ben Healy go.

This is the kind of rugby nonsense that makes people laugh at the sport and its supporters.