The Anti Rugby Football Thread Pt 2

Farrell getting the lions gig.

Get in O Gara I reckon.

Bundee turned down a serious offer from Racing so. Heā€™ll never have better negotiation power than after being nominated for the best player in the world. Great loyalty from the Oranmore-resident.

Says a lot about the IRFUā€™s lack of faith in Henshaw, McCloskey and the other also rans at 12 for the provinces.

1 Like

Munster will have a NIQ player at 12 and henshaw and mccloskey are pushing on.

Very little opportunity for Ireland to develop a younger 12.

I think Cathal Forde is the only IQ bright spot at 12 playing regular rubby at senior provincial currently. That Osbourne lad at Leinster seems to be hit with a few injuries already. Thereā€™s a few prospects from the recent U-20ā€™s sides but they could be 2 or 3 years developing yet.

I havenā€™t seen much of him but read heā€™s been going well recently.

There is very little opportunity for a younger player to develop in our system now.

Iā€™ve a long held believe thereā€™s a log jam of good prospects who just donā€™t play enough from 21-25.

Ya Osbourne is good is he related to that other Osbourne who ended up at Munster ? He retired through injury as well.

1 Like

Theyā€™d want to be some cunts to cut him loose and he after being Irelandā€™s best player this year. Be some kick in the teeth to Connacht as well.

4 Likes

New Zealand clearing out a load of players.

Itā€™s pro sport.

Henshaw is on a central contract already. Just googled it there and itā€™s until end of 25 season. Ringrose on one too I think.

Osborne looked a serious prospect for Leinster last season.

1 Like

Not really

Presumably theyā€™ll all get good contracts in France and Japan.

So would aki

1 Like

All off to Japan pretty much.

Donā€™t agree. They should be letting lads like him go but not ruling him out of Ireland contention.

1 Like

Jimmy Oā€™Brien is talked about like he is a promising young wing prospect coming through - he turns 27 in a few days

1 Like

Worry is youā€™d jettison a load of good players trying to look for a great player.

Thereā€™s a good chance that without a central contract heā€™d be gone abroad which would weaken Ireland and Connacht alike.

1 Like

When you take into account the tax breaks Bundee gets in Ireland there would be little difference I expect - IRFU benefitting from having their players subsidised so heavily by the state.

Lions tour in two years time Iā€™d say is the carrot.

He could go to France and still be on the tour sure

Iā€™d be in favour of allowing lads 33+ who have played 50 times to still be able to play for Ireland at the start of new WC cycles.

The only real logic with Bundee is the commercial impact he gives Connacht. That said, the Sportsground is a limiting factor for them. If they really want him they can pay him themselves.