The Anti Rugby Football Thread Pt 2

Croke Park Summer 25

“Judgement Day”

Kyle Hayes v Phil Foden (catchweight bout)

Aaron Gillane v Hugo Keenan (lightheavyweight)

Katie Taylor v Kellie Harrington (lightweight)

Stephen Cluxton v Jason McAteer (cunterweight)

4 Likes

Did Jerry Kiernan ever go up against Pat Spillane in that show of the 80s?

Jerry Kiernan called out the laziness of GAA players good and proper.

No he was afraid to. Did all the trash talk but when push came to shove he dodged all the big encounters

7 Likes

Ed Moses smoked Spillane.

1 Like

Spillane embarrassed Ireland.

$2,100 dollars went a long way in Kerry in the 1980s

Jerry was tremendous fun, but he had a nawful chip on his shoulder that slowed him down a bit.

He beat the lad who drives a car tbf

1 Like

Jodi Schechter was great at the squats

https://twitter.com/jim_demps/status/1757694093151396290?s=46

I don’t think anyone was doubting that to be fair. It was more so the professional rugby player versus GAA players debate that was stirring some debate. Precisely Hugo Keenan v Inter-County footballer/hurler.

Obviously the likes of a prop forward, hooker or second row shouldn’t be in the debate at all but a rugby back versus an inter-county player would be of interest. My money would be on the inter-county player bar we’re talking about a pacy winger in the Louis Rees-Zammit/Shane Williams mould.

You’d have bought a few acres with that kind of cash money.

https://twitter.com/offtheball/status/1757759095866532212?s=46

We could replace the fittest rugby player on the planet In Hugo Keenan with the unfittest in Simon zebo.

4 Likes

X Factor>Fitness

1 Like

I wouldn’t be sure of that Niall Horan was carrying a bit of timber last time I saw him

We’d beat wales with Hugo McNeill at full back.

4 Likes

Those rugby players are all fast twitch. They have no aerobic endurance. Rugby is a different type of fitness to GAA. You simply cant compare imho.

5 Likes

They’re all extremely fit. Sin e.

1 Like

Wrong thread but I can’t be arsed looking.

I saw Keith Earls speak last week (I don’t watch rugby too closely so didn’t really know him to see or his background). Anyway I think it was the most impressive and authentic interview I’ve seen from a player of any sport in all my years. It’s great to see a lad who is happy to be himself and his own person and no filter.

4 Likes