The Anti Rugby Football Thread Pt 2

He’s going well so far this season.

He’s been grand.

Agree totally. Was at an NBA game a good few years back. Lads bigger than 2nd rows in rugby scooting up and down the court at speed displaying incredible coordination and agility. Paul O Connell sprung to mind as someone Irish with the same athlethic build. No comparison at all.

2 Likes

What number would you reckon Hugo reached on the bleep test? I got 17.7 in one recently as a bog standard GAA club player. Would I bate him?

Paul o Connell would have no relation to Joe McCarthy or Tom ahern or Ryan Baird mobility wise anyway.

Yeah they are insane athletes. Up and down the court constantly. Went to a game a few years ago and there was a lad playing for the Bobcats who looked like a child on the court. Googled him and it turned out he was 6’1

This is the best player in the NBA. Wouldn’t hack Junior B

1 Like

Sure Ronnie O Sullivan probably has a better 5km time than Hayes

1 Like

Depends on if Hayes is wearing shoes.

2 Likes

Isiah Thomas looked like a dwarf and he was 6’1

Keenan and VDF would be top tier athletes with or without the ball. They cover a tonne of ground with sharp sprints on top of that plus getting physically belted on top of that again

Like @fenwaypark said, the short twitch muscle for guys in the tight 5 for explosiveness sees them fine tuned for the job. Wouldnt have staying power. The two boys i mention above tho have endurance and speed to match any on a gaa player

1 Like

Dod or barry nash surely

I had a feeling it’s gearoid hegarty tbh but open to correction.

I’d say you’d beat him, yeah

1 Like

I was about to post it as Nash.
O’Donovan has high acceleration and speed while Nash is a 400m runner. The other one was Robbie Hanley.

Surely a Cushendall man should be playing his provincial rugby for Ulster. Similar to Doris from Mayo playing for Leinster. The rugby schools in Dublin are starting to lure players out of the other provinces.

https://archive.ph/61Xr9

2 Likes

I know his Da - he’s based in Dublin.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/ITVRugby/status/1760684930135363708

We love Bundee Aki.

2 Likes

Just heard some hockey bint on Off the Ball making reference to the Ireland men’s rugby team punching above their weight in world rugby :joy:

And in the next breath Nathan says they’ve access to the best of facilities/support in line with the top teams