The Anti Rugby Football Thread Pt 2

It’s kind of mad that Leinster haven’t won a Champions Cup since 2018 with a team full of Ireland internationals. Bringing on players of the quality of Jack Conan. Bar Tadhg Beirne and Jack Crowley you’d get away with naming a full Leinster team in the 6 Nations and still win 4/5.

1 Like

Would be gas if nienabar was just sent up to Ireland by Rassie to fuck around a little.

He’ll have Leinster doing a polo mint defence or something on Saturday with La Rochelle winning by 45 points.

French/ England picking from a lot more clubs. Cohesion is more an issue for them in the short windows.

When it comes to world cups they tend to be together for a lot longer than usual and grow a leg compared to Ireland.

La Rochelle are only after getting off the plane after Capetown -joburg, jobureg-paris, paris-cark.
They haven’t a hope.

I’d say another pre season would be better for him rather than Super Rugby. It would be worth it for some though to get games at that level.

Not talking about anything dramatic but I don’t see what the harm would be for the IRFU to try and place four players a year down there. The Australian franchises could do with it.

Perhaps with Schmidt and Nucifora back there we might see it. Australian rugby types generally have been chirping about the Irish system for a while now which is bizarre considering the influence Aussies had on coaching here 20 years ago.

2 Likes

Byrne has been the starting 10 for most of this year.

I think it was a fair point the two previous seasons but Sexton barely played so some depth was needed.

https://twitter.com/AssuredlyGerry/status/1778704628101546376?s=19

Uh oh. Is this the end of GT?

Assuredly not

1 Like

Madame Editor wouldnt stand for that.

Any rubby purist knows Thorndawg meant no ill-Will but knowing modern society he could get the Neil Francis summer holiday.

Parody account assuredly.

1 Like

Aw fuck. I’m ashamed of myself.

Don’t be, mate. The sign of a good parody is when it’s indiscernible from the genuine article.

2 Likes

Van der flier dropped from the 23 for will connors

Sorry Harry Byrne,

Named Josh at 23.

Assuredly. Some lads, eh?

Is this Rugby Union Football’s Kilmacud Crokes* v Glen?

Scruff had a bit of guff on OTB the other night about Leinster needing to “bring a bit of nasty” at the weekend. Awful dirge

La Rochelle were on the piss in Cork the other night apparently while Leinster are holed up in their UCD compound.

1 Like