The Anti Rugby Football Thread Pt 2

Cayman Islands are in the world top 50, sure there are lads blue in the face here telling us what a global game rugby is. Huge achievement by the Cork fella to be operating at that level, I imagine there were tears in the eyes when he was belting out the anthem.

4 Likes

It’s not surprising the Cayman Islands would have a strong rugby team with all the lawyers, accountants and tax consultants who I presume make up a significant proportion of their population.

Ansbacher are fine sponsors of the game there.

It’s Rees zammit getting a trial for Super Bowl champions despite never playing the game before.

1 Like

A bit like Kevin Moran and Anthony Tohill at Manchester United.

Ulster getting robbed here

A good example. He goes abroad and gets to play a decent standard game in a non traditional rugby country with people from all over the world.

From the sounds of it, he’d have never have bothered with the GGA if he had the chance beforehand. This is why the GGA is shrinking in Ireland, it’s a legacy of a monocultural society.

2 Likes

Sure Australian fumbleball players only needed a couple of training sessions to master bogball before that ran its course.

1 Like

I stopped taking the second paragraph seriously when I read the first one

1 Like

It’s a fact. You go abroad and you’ll find a decent standard of rugby in most parts of the world.

That’s why it’s global.

Shur Mac Hansen was some random Aussie filling kegs in a bar 12 months before he played fir Ireland. And Vikki Wall took up the Rubby on a year off from bogball and played for Ireland :man_shrugging:

There’s more GAA clubs in Cork than rugby clubs in the entire island of Ireland.

Decent standard :grin:

6 Likes

The aussies played bogball for 2 weeks and battered the oirish

I was told before there are more Gaelic football teams on the Cayman Islands than rugby teams. Unfortunately the football team would struggle to get into the top 50 if there was Gaelic football world rankings.

1 Like

Eh, gga football is an amateur sport played in ireland and a few emmigrants that couldnt integrate overseas

Correct. Primarily by people who call both men and women “the lads”

3 Likes

Currently 550 members of the Cayman Islands GAA club. I hope at least some of them are taking the time to embrace that unique Cayman Island culture.

1. Republic of Ireland
  2. N Ireland

Can you make up the other 48 there?

Hugo Keenan is very good at rugby.

:smiley::smiley::smiley:

2 Likes