The Anti Rugby Football Thread Pt 2

If only heā€™d had to pay weā€™d have bet the all blacks

Losing is fine, being humiliated is another matter entirely

:joy: :joy: :joy:

Aldi doing their best to sell off the remaining stockā€¦

5 Likes

Oooft

4 Likes

In a v odd turn of events todays sindo carrys an apology from Heaslip. He was wrong. He never actually failed a drugs test which is why Kimmage couldnā€™t find the detail if it

Seems he either made it up, or believed erroneously for the last 10 years he had failed it

Reading the article it seems there was some sort of test and communication back and forth but no ā€œfailedā€ test.

Iā€™m not quite sure this was the big scandal that Kimmage and Ewan were salivating about

Is Jamie a bit simple, saw him on TV and heard him on radio during World Cup, came across as a dunce

easy enough mistake for a professional athlete to make in fairness

4 Likes

Heaslip has made a cunt of himself and the IRFU here.

John Greene

November 3 2019 7:00 AM

Jamie Heaslip has confirmed that he did not fail a drug test when on Ireland A duty at the Churchill Cup in 2006, as he had claimed in his newly-published autobiography.

In the book, All In, the former Ireland and Leinster star said that he received a letter from the Irish Sports Council - now Sport Ireland - on his return from holiday in the summer of 2006 informing him that he ā€œhad failed a drugs test after my last game before the holiday, at the Churchill Cup in San Francisco when I was playing for Ireland Aā€.

He adds: ā€œUpon confirmation of receipt of this notification my second, or B, sample would be opened and examined, and a decision would be made as to whether further measures would be taken against me.ā€

He then learns that he had elevated levels of testosterone in his system and sets about attempting to discover the cause. He says in the book that eventually it ā€œwas agreed that I did have higher testosterone levels than is normal for most peopleā€.

He adds: ā€œI got a formal letter from the Irish Sports Council to confirm that they had not detected any prohibited substances in my samples. The whole process went on for weeks, but it was rectified pretty quickly, to my great relief. I didnā€™t mention the episode to anyone until years later.ā€

However, a statement released on behalf of Heaslip, by his publishers Gill to the Sunday Independent, confirms that he was mistaken. This followed attempts by this newspaper in recent weeks to get clarification from Heaslip and Sport Ireland about his version of events.

poster

ARCHIVE VIDEO: Jamie Heaslip to retire with immediate effect

00:00

00:55

720p

720p

480p

360p high

360p low

Share this video

The Sunday Independent had established that USADA [United States Anti-Doping Agency] - who had jurisdiction for the tournament - did not test players at the Churchill Cup in 2006 and also that only one Irish athlete failed a test that year for high testosterone levels - Gareth Turnbull, who was later exonerated.

Heaslip - who was capped 95 times for Ireland - says in his book that having tested positive he was ultimately cleared because previous samples he had given were re-tested.

International Rugby Newsletter

But two weeks ago, Dr Una May of Sport Ireland said Heaslipā€™s recollection ā€œmay be confusedā€.

Heaslip has now confirmed that he was actually tested by Sport Ireland in April 2006. He did not fail that test. He says he ā€œmistakenly referred to being the subject of a doping control test at the Churchill Cupā€.

However, he was contacted in July of that year by the sports council to say that the results of the April test ā€œrequired further investigationā€. He was informed that he was free to continue playing while the investigation was ongoing and he was tested again in July and September, 2006.

"The Irish Sports Council subsequently confirmed via letter in November 2006, that this further investigation by the Irish Sports Council resulted in an opinion from the WADA accredited laboratory that the data did not indicate the administration of testosterone by me and stated ā€˜the Irish Sports Council is not alleging that an anti-doping rule violation has been committed by youā€™. This confirmed that I did not have a case to answer.

ā€œI apologise for the unintentional error of detail in the book, on the timing and location of the tests and the date of my return from holiday back in 2006, and am happy to clarify the matter.ā€

Sunday Indo Sport

what an utter utter fuckwit

2 Likes

At least we have clarification on it now. All just a misunderstanding.

World Rugby in turmoil here

Sweep, sweep.

The scummy soccer crew will have a field day with this.

Grrrrrrrrr

We really need to run a tighter ship.

1 Like

Concussion rears its ugly head again.

1 Like

Iā€™m sure Kimmage will accept this explanation and leave the sport of rugby alone now.

What a stupid cunt.

2 Likes

He randomly at that particular time just happened to have a testosterone spike but there was nothing at all wrongā€¦