The Anti-Rugby Football Thread

the domestic cup in england or the FA Cup and the Littlewoods Cup were taken very seriously all the time but even more so from 1985 onwards after Liverpool FC went on a murder spree in brussels resulting in ā€œthe banā€.
The FA Cup ` was officially declared dead when wehad the first non 3PM saturday KO for a final in 2000 when Chelsea played Villaā€¦
this correlated with the vast expansion of the champions league, i think in maybe 1998/99 we possibly had 2 group stages in the competition, the last great FA cup of our time was the 2002 decider between Arsenal and Lā€™Pool,
The Littlewoods (formerly known as The Milk Cup) and later Rumbleows Cup produced some wonderful games also, Lee Sharpe at Highbury in 1991 or 92 in that 6-2 game and the glorious Nottingham Forest domination of that and the Simod Cup later to be known as the Zenith Data systems cup from 1988 - 1991 standout

cc @Sidney

3 Likes

Sorry bandage that was meant for the PM hope it doesnā€™t cause you bother

I had occasion to be in malahide rogbee club at the weekend and there was a group pic on the wall that had someone who looked suspiciously like you in it. Are you the agent feeding back to the irfu and not @gilgamboa

:grinning:

There isnā€™t a rogbee club in malahide mate

Iā€™m happy to have rattled a few blazers.

Interesting. There is a rugby club in malahide in fact they will play senior all Ireland league rugby from next season.

Nice try pal

http://malahiderfc.ie

Uploadingā€¦

well you learn something new everyday

1 Like

I personally always enjoyed the Cup Winners Cup more. Anyone have a stat on how many CWC/UEFA Cup Winners went into win the league that year? Juve and Everton come to mind from the CWC. Lazio were a cracking side in the late 90s when they won the last ever one.

Wait a minute, are you saying @Nembo_Kid backtracked?

thisā€¦
what a goalā€¦
the de kuip stadiumā€¦the greatest football ground ever ( deserves a thread of its own maybe , @Sidney)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdcJImL8EPw

Was that Les Sealy in goal , RIP .

1 Like

No that was Busquets pal.

I just checked in with my sources in Malahide RFC and they said there would often be unsavoury types in the clubhouse. He couldnā€™t say definitively if there was anyone fitting the specific description (Filipino wife, stoned looking, swampish head) on site over the weekend.

He did tell me though that Malahide got Mick Galwey up for the after dinner speech for their season ending social there recently. Some honour for the club that in their finest moment they turned to Mick galwey for inspiration. Malahide must be a very weird place

No mate Malahide rfc people are very wierd, even the Irish ones.

Hmm

Jesus what a clamping

Wait for it now. He will be back saying he only knows coaches and administrators not players :rollseyes:

No mate, I was qualifying your statement that Malahide was a very wierd place because the rugby club invited mick galwey to their dinner. The rugby football fraternity are obviously wierd but donā€™t tar the entire population with the one brush pal.

1 Like

On the ropes for a second but got out of it very very nicely

Well played sir

1 Like

:smile:

Stoned looking