The beautiful people of fair Fingal

Malahide castle
Newbridge house
Ardgillan

1 Like

Ardgillan is ok, but stay away from the cafe. a fiver for a slice of cake. The food in avoca in malahide castle is descent. One portion would do between two people if you werenā€™t famished.

Is this the Peasant thread?

2 Likes

No, but itā€™s not the fat roaster thread.

Typical Limerick lad up in the big smoke, trying to save a buck.

What age are the kids mac?

1 Like

Would you not take them to the Dublin Wexford match in Parnell park?

2 Likes

4 and 2. Bringing them to a game in Parnell Park would be pure torture. Thought about it already but wouldnā€™t work. If it had a big open terrace where they could run around Iā€™d have some hope but not in that ground.

Newbridge has a farm too but as a muldoon this probably appeals less

4 Likes

Itā€™s a dead heat between malahide castle and Newbridge farm for me @Mac. Iā€™d say malahide has a better playground for kids that age and a better buggy run for you with the pair of them. Feel free to come up Saturday and stay with @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy to make a weekend of it.

3 Likes

Iā€™m mildly disappointed that @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy hasnā€™t organised a bouncy castle for Macā€™s kids and a little bit of a BBQ for his online buddy here.

All those Sundayā€™s of Calling Mac threads to enquire about the schedule for the daytime entertainment on telly to now fail to open the door of his mobile home to a pal in need.

Most un-TFK like.

1 Like

@thedancingbaby was already in touch privately to offer me a seat in the Bayan corner on Fowlerā€™s which I had to politely decline due to the lack of a babysitter. Youā€™d think @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy would step up in this instance but as the great Barney Curley described John McCrirrick, heā€™s no better than a take out merchant.

3 Likes

Id say itā€™s all happening via pm @anon67715551. Like you say thereā€™s no way heā€™d have the gall to put Macā€™s nose out of joint on this one. Sure the aviation lads could organise him to meet the plane on the runway with the buggy.

Would they hold the planes from landing so I could do a quick 5k up and down the runway with the buggy?

How quick? Can Wexicans run sub 25?

True Wexicans can

@myboyblue lives in Malahide. You could leave the kids with him sure.

:thinking:

Cross the road into gibneys @Mac and Iā€™ll get you sorted.

Not a bad idea. Aged 2 and 4 the kids should be able to relate to him.