The Business Ideas thread

I have a team of indians who’ll cut each others throats to get this contract.

3 Likes

Will they work on an equity basis?

Dont worry about the Indians pal. I have accounted for them in my 50% share.

50% of 5%?

A cafe in around Leeson street area called the Culchie Cafe. Sells stew, bacon & cabbage, spuddy bolognese and other meals like that in a styrofoam tray for 5 euro to all the poverty stricken culchie grads who work in the big 4 and the like. You’d only need a small premise, couple of ovens and a few hobs. I’d get the dinners going around 8am and then hire some savage looking Russian bird to work the counter and help with the clean up between 11 and 3 so staff costs would be minimal. Safe to say you’d probably knock out between 2 and 3 thousand meals per day giving a weekly income of between 50000 and 75000. Rent and rates would be a few grand a week, food costs maybe 5k a week or whatever so annual profit would be north of 2.5 million. Just need a couple of hundred grand to get it up and running.

3 Likes

Myself and @TreatyStones are opening up for the first round of funding. As is traditional with these startups we have ridiculously overvalued the business, based on zero profits. We are hoping to run up massive losses for the first few years which should push our stock price through the roof.

Applicants on a first come first serve basis, we accept all major credit cards.

2 Likes

out.

My inbox is full with offers of money. We may need to scale back investors we are so over subscribed so I’d suggest lads bid for €50,000 of the stock even if they only want €25,000

I can’t help with the funding but when you open up your EMEA HQ in GCD, can I have a job there? Ye could have beds in the office and a bar, an onsite gym, zany meeting rooms with faeces daubed on the walls, it would be so cool, I’d never have to leave the office.

It’ll be like a certain bookmakers head office, we’ll have loads of pool tables and all that jazz but if I catch anyone actually using them they will be fired on the spot.

2 Likes

Is there not already a Cafe on Montague Lane that does exactly that?
Can’t remember the name but it used to always be packed with culchie guards, gorging on big piles of lasange and shepards pie.

No.

There is.
@bandage @briantinnion what is the name of this establishment.

Are you talking about the Green Bench?

I don’t know pal. I’ve always worked on the north side.

I doubt it had as fancy a name as that.

I’ve had to Google Street View it. It unit where it is/was is called Gerrys

You’re grasping at straws trying to rain on my parade. The only other place on Montague Street I can think of is a cafe where you can sit in and eat hot food but not at the prices I’m suggesting nor the volume that the Culchie Cafe will be hitting.

I think you should call it the Roastery.
Two kinds of a noun and an adjective all in one.

1 Like